Airtel Broadband 2mbps unlimited with no fair usage policy?

• Thread starter Thread starter raj1402
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 16,111
Hey just a suggestion you can try. It is possible that Airtel is targeting torrenters and applying FUP. So why don't you use torrific? That way you can download your torrents to a web location and download from there using a download manager. Hopefully you might escape FUP.

can u explain more on this can i able to dl from private torrents too!!!

Sorry Torrific does not support downloads from private torrents where you have to maintain an upload ratio.. :( But it works like a charm with other public torrents. My download speeds are around 490-530KBps (approx 4mbps) from torrific and I use a BSNL 3G connection.

I think almos1t all the isp in INDIA are fraud, i used HATHWAY and i experienced downtime issues a lot and also sometimes speed reducing to half even though unlimited.

Airtel also is not good their gprs is too slow when u use it with computer, now Reliance9free wifi) i am currently using is Very fast and download speed jumps upto 150 kbps but reliance also has poor customer service.

U can move on to HATHWAy broadband (512 kbps) at RS 660 around monthly unlimited package if its available in your region but u will face some downtime problem with it. Disconnect airtel right away !!!

hathway is also dumb as far as FUP is concerned. i have 512 plan and if i cross 10Gb a month the speed is reduced to half and trust me its pathetic on torrents.

u can go for MTNL, IN 2 Net or reliance for no FUP.

I only used it with TPB and link-removed. Here is what you do. Visit Torrific.com and register yourself. Get the link for the torrent you want to download and paste it into torrific. Torrific will download the torrent for you and store it temporarily. Once it has done downloading, it will show the status as available. You can then download from torrific by using any decent download manager or even just your browser. If it is a large file, I wouldn't suggest the browser for obvious reasons.
Note that the torrific link you use is only valid for your current session. If you loose connectivity for any reason, you need to get a fresh link from torrific. Now you will have to edit the partial download in the download manager to resume from the new link.
This whole thing should work great if your ISP tries traffic shaping to slow down or block torrents. It will also help if your ISP monitors your torrent traffic to apply FUP selectively. I believe that is what Airtel is doing seeing how the application of the limit seems to change from user to user.

They must have shifted you to a 4 Mbps plan with an even lesser limit.

na its a temp speed boost, i have downloaded around 10 GB in the last 7-8 hrs still going... let see how much I can milk them for :)

na its a temp speed boost, i have downloaded around 10 GB in the last 7-8 hrs still going... let see how much I can milk them for :)

hehe, cool buddy !!

I have used previously Sify , Reliance, BSNL EVDO broadband services. Since last 1 year I am using Tata BB having 386 KBPS Day and 1.5MBPS Night speed with Fair Usage Limit of 80 GB per month. Sometimes my download reaches to 100+GB , but Tata dosen't charge me extra for this. My torrent speed ranges between 160 to 180 KBPS in night as its 1.5MBPS from night. I am satisfied with the speed and download limit i.e. 80-100 GB is enough for me.:smile: now m thinking of purchasing 1TB of Seagate FreeAgent ext HDD as i have already 250 GB and 160GB full with movies and no space :cry:

Back