Airtel Broadband Double Speed At Night Scheme

• Thread starter Thread starter xxbomb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 227
  • Views Views 54,105
getting 70-75 consistant downloading speed from R@Pid$hare

its worth 1300bucks!!

Please tell me you aren't serious.

I guess companies like Airtel will continue surviving esp. with customers willing to pay more for crappy plans which were already costly.

Well, today I get rid of Airtel, finally. :thumbsup:

jessica ( "V" / peace - no offence) u're speakin like u've jus entered the world of broadband from dial-up jus a day before yesterday.... :hysterical: :cool2:

Hey Jessica,I dont see this top-up plan listed in Airtel site. Is it some secret special hush-hush arrangement as result of your correpondence with Airtel bigwigs?I would also like to go for this plan as soon as possible. What do I have to do? Also how long did it take for them to activate it? Immediately? Or they waited till end of your current billing cycle?Waiting for reply!

Yes this plan is not listed... But when u call customer care they will inform u abt this top up ... it get activated in 3 days ... and u will be charged on pro -rata basis ...

Yes this plan is not listed... But when u call customer care they will inform u abt this top up ... it get activated in 3 days ... and u will be charged on pro -rata basis ...

Thanks Hitman! Will call CC tonight when I return home.

Hah. I guess this takes out a very big +ve point from Airtel. Now Airtel is more expensive than ever.

Yup Airtel was always expensive and since the launch of the 2Mbps NU by BSNL and MTNL it just seems to be more expensive than ever ... just considering by the sheer amount of data that can be downloaded ... but it suited the needs of people needing UL packages all through the day (like me) ... the only upside of using airtel is the reliability factor .. but I think Airtel is going to lose its consumer base very rapidly now since they slashed their double speeds at night ... Lets hope Airtel is forced to bring out a better 1Mbps UL package :thumbsup::thumbsup: priced at 2k to 2.5k :P

I was also about to jump ship to MTNL but feared the reliability factor. I am a working professional that needs a reliable connection and I do not really have time to deal with CC and Babus. Plus I only do downloads at night when I am at home.
If this 299 top-up plan works OK then I will stay with Airtel for a while. It being expensive is not much factor for me since my company will reimburse my internet costs if they are limited to around Rs1500 per month (all included).

Inclusive of taxes, it actually amounts to Rs.1467/- not 1300. Also, just to put things in perspective, if Airtel launched its 8mbps plan with 8gb cap for 2000 Rs, Verizon introduced its FiOS (fiber-optic service) today with 20Mbps speeds (up and down) for 2800 Rs (70$).
Ohh and no download limits, in case you were wondering.
Eat that airtel! You've made us third-world beggars of bandwidth.

Back