• Views Views 13,962

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Wow. Airtel just got suckier. I got this in an email:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
So while the Fair Usage Policy limit goes up by 10GB, the speed post Fair Usage Policy is now 256kbps instead of 1Mbps!! :madness:

Hello, MTNL?

Thats very bad of airtel. After 40GB they should provide atleast 512kbps if not 1Mbps. I can see many airtel customers are shifting to other service providers.I had an Airtel BB earlier. Their service is good but off late IMO they are coming with bad plans. Also observe that earlier for a call to local landline charges were ~1Rs/3 Min. Now its on per sec basis. Very bad.

^ I am considering going on the Impatience 1799 plan, which is 4Mbps "unlimited" (:notallowed:) i.e. 4Mbps upto 50GB and 256kbps thereafter. I wish MTNL was more customer friendly and didn't have a reputation of having bad service. My own MTNL landline has been dead for 2 months so they don't quite glisten of reliability. Probably will have to stick with Airtel being the lesser of all evils. :(

wtf they now forcing people send a request of disconnection and see what happens !

^ I am considering going on the Impatience 1799 plan, which is 4Mbps "unlimited" (:notallowed:) i.e. 4Mbps upto 50GB and 256kbps thereafter. I wish MTNL was more customer friendly and didn't have a reputation of having bad service. My own MTNL landline has been dead for 2 months so they don't quite glisten of reliability. Probably will have to stick with Airtel being the lesser of all evils. :(

That sounds like a better idea... but atleast they can set the downgrade speed to half or something! Should be 1MBps for the 2MBps+ connections. This is just plain pathetic.... from 2/4MBps to 256kbps. What a freaking fall from grace :-(

This is disgusting. Phasing out the plan is one thing, forcing the customer to migrate is another. You need to object to this transition, and if they don't agree, just disconnect. Even if they don't try to retain you, it is not worth staying back with such operators.

Back