Airtel Broadband Latest Plans (As of April 2017)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 116
  • Views Views 36,769
What plans?

the plans on the first post are not applicable throughout the country of course... hyderabad would have better plans.

and inner parts of india are likely to be worse plans.

I think Airtel.in/Broadband on Web Browser and Mobile App shows the updated plan to all users now.

Recently I checked for my society, currently on 16 Mbps with 70GB Data, they confirmed that max speed available at my society is 40Mbps,
I found the Airtel tech nearby who visited me once, I asked why no 100 Mbps plan for me, he said, its fiber to the nearest pop (might be in society)and then copper to the home.
This will need them to replace the existing Modem(Beetel 450TC3) at customer cost, They would Charge Rs.200/- in next 5 bills for the VDSL Modem they would install, they would take away your existing modem if its from Airtel and is in working condition.
This may not be applicable for user who already have fiber modem at their place..

So I think Rs.1099/- @40Mbps for 90GB is ok for me, and Rs.200 for month doesn't bite much, but it should have been included for free.
I placed the request and they would take 7-10 days to get the modem changed and process the upgrade.
I am sure once Jio Fiber kicks in more aggressively, Airtel would again drop the price.]

based on posts in another thread... do not switch to vfiber if they do not have the Huawei modem in stock. the beetel/binatone modem is supposedly crap.

At least here in Kolkata nothing is in stock and they are not even doing migration to v-fiber. I am on the beetel modem and I am getting the disconnection issue once or twice in a day, just got one 5 mins ago.

CC is telling me Huawei modem will be back in stock in few days, but Airtel support engineers are saying something else. They are saying, that the Huawei modem is expensive and it will not be back in stock and binatone is worse than beetel. All these work, like wiring and purchase of modems are done by third party companies and they find it expensive to purchase Huawei modems.

I have three connections and for two of them I had requested for upgrade to v-fiber, but like the engineer said modems are not in stock, so I believe their side of the story, but I maybe wrong. Plus they charged me ₹1000 for the modem, but when I asked CC to reimburse or adjust the amount in my bill, they are saying it's for installation charges and not for the modem, since I don't want it and want to buy my own modem.

For new connection you won't be getting anything back. Better to take these modem and sell them on olx/quikr as vdsl modem. vdsl modem are costly you can get more than Rs.1000 in current market.
For upgrade from adsl to vdsl you can get Rs.1000 back if modem not taken. email them on [email protected]

Back