Airtel Broadband Speed on Demand

• Thread starter Thread starter andyz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 125,766
Works as advertised.....But its way too expensive...speeds slow down to below 150KBps while on 2mbps option... so not really great....:wall:

yes..its working now.....getting around 221kBps........you have dls and good toorents ready that can utilise this speed

yes its available all over india....but speeds are not constant...airtel monitors it... i get speeds of 262Ks whilen 2mbps...which decrease after 15~20 min.... goes to 180Ks. Not very promising...but good if needed for urgent downloads if the size is some where under 1GB.If you want to use it with torrents....then make sure your torrents are running for close to 30 min b4 you upgrade speed...so that the speed jump is quicker....Works best if you deactivate BOD every 15~20 min and then activate... you cant start depending on it to work as promised....;)

Airtel Speed on Demand is now available for Chennai.

Here is the tarriff rates

Dear Customer!
Select the desired bandwidth and then click on the Confirm button to upgrade

BoD will be charged on a prorata basis and would be charge at 5min / pulse. BoD@256 (Rs 25 /Hr)
BoD@512 (Rs 40 /Hr)
BoD@1Mbps (Rs 75 /Hr)
BoD@2Mbps (Rs 120 /Hr)

Is it working ajay? 'cause it's not working for me.i tried 2mbps clicked confirmation in it.after that it came back to same login page no change in speed.then i called CC regarding this.They don't know why and said same old story cable cut..etc and then they confirmed it is not activated :P.for saftey i reseted modem :ashamed:

:thumbsup: Yes its working .. I tried it and used the airtel speed check.. When I used 2mbps it was giving a download speed of 1.85 Mbps download.. But you need to be careful to deactivate the same after you use.. it will not get deactivated automatically. Also confirm that the plan has fallen back to the orginal by using speed test or using the same site. Bcos when I deactivated at first it did not. When I logged in again it was showing that the speed is active so I had to deactivate again.. Just check and let us know if you have any issues still.

can you please elebrate the activation and deactivation steps. That will be helpful for the people who are doing it for the first time :)when i opened tamilnadu link it asked me my login details.then i was droped in to a page where i have options for 256,512,1mbps and then 2mbps.i selected 2mbps and then confirmation.after it came back to the login :confused: there was no confirmation message like activated or error.there was no clue.so please elebrate the procedure.

Login to website : htt0p://www.airtel.in/level2_t3.aspx?path=1/9/158
Select Location : Tamil Nadu

Username : your dsl username (e.g. [email protected])
Password : DSL Password

Now once you are logged in you will get the screen where you can select speeds from 256 kbps to 2 mbps.

Select the appropriate speed.
Now it would give you the screen for licence agreement. Click agree and go ahead.

Now the same would be activated. In that page you willl see the message that the speed you selected is activated and click on deactivate.

Do not deactivate it via this screen. Pls login again to the Speed on Demand website and deactivate. Confirm that it has been deactivated by logging in to the site again.

If a speed is activated it will show you that upon login and would not give you the speed choices.

Hope its quite clear.

Thanks Ajay :) Good work,i will try it again BTW.. what browser you used to login in airtel speed on demand site..?i used safari.. may be that was the problem :P

Back