Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
from what i see... the double speeds were to be applicable for a small limit 10GB is what some people have heard from airtel and after that you drop down to your regular old speeds.

of course. after all this time, no one exactly knows what airtel had planned for the people on their older unlimited plans.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

i forgot to add haha to the beginning of the post!

After I objected to my 'up-gradation' to double speed if my FUP limit would be changed
and confirmation from airtel that I would stay on my 1 Mbps plan (Freedom 1699),
I am getting continuously 2 Mbps.
In fact was told that each month the speed would be increased for 5 GB each month
and then I would be back to my old plan. However since then the speed is continuously 2 Mbps.

I am a heavy torrent user, so 5, 30 or even 50 GB go quite fast.

I called up CC again last night regarding being redirected to the "you have crossed 80 percent blah blah" webpage.I asked him to confirm me the plan that I currently have according to their system.He quoted the original plan with the old speeds and the old fair usage limit.What in hell?I mean, how am I supposed to plan my usage if I don't even know what my plan is?For the record, I have downloaded excess of 70-80 gb's in the past month and am still getting the 2Mbps.According to the CC guy @ 198 my next billing cycle will start on the 23rd on this month so I guess i'll have an idea by this time next month as to what exactly is going on with my internet connection. ****in hell.

All you guys frustrated with Airtel FUP Plan, checkout this aweosme Reliance Broadnet(Wired, No FUP) Plan I am using.Its awesome and its purely unlimted ;)

All you guys frustrated with Airtel FUP Plan, checkout this aweosme Reliance Broadnet(Wired, No FUP) Plan I am using.
Its awesome and its purely unlimted ;)
coverage in delhi is not much as compared to Airtel and MTNL so we don't have much choice in choosing ISP either choose MTNL and get truely unlimited with no customer care
or choose Airtel with Unfair Usage Policy but with good quality Internet connection

coverage in delhi is not much as compared to Airtel and MTNL so we don't have much choice in choosing ISP either choose MTNL and get truely unlimited with no customer care
or choose Airtel with Unfair Usage Policy but with good quality Internet connection

Well both way you are getting fuked anyways, one doesnot provide good (tbh its deplorable) upload speed (a must for private torrenting as seeding is must there to keep up the ratio);
And other suxs anyways you know why :D

Well both way you are getting fuked anyways, one doesnot provide good (tbh its deplorable) upload speed (a must for private torrenting as seeding is must there to keep up the ratio);
And other suxs anyways you know why :D

yup, thats why i used the word limited options are available for choosing ISP

Well for me its different..Initially I called the customer care via airtel presence and they doubled my speed from 512K to 1 Mbps with FUP of 100GB, and after that, the normal double up for all customers in my area again dowbled my speed from 1 to 2 Mbps.So now my plan is 2Mbps till 30GB and from 30-100GB 1 Mbps and after that day speed reduces to 512Kbps for only 1299 per month.

great plan :|

here i am paying 1800 for 1mbps.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

:( forgot to add :(

Well for me its different..
Initially I called the customer care via airtel presence and they doubled my speed from 512K to 1 Mbps with FUP of 100GB, and after that, the normal double up for all customers in my area again dowbled my speed from 1 to 2 Mbps.
So now my plan is 2Mbps till 30GB and from 30-100GB 1 Mbps and after that day speed reduces to 512Kbps for only 1299 per month.

Even that is a fairly acceptable plan as compared to what these guys are dishing out to the public.

Till now 2 Mbps (Freedom 1699) continuing.Uploading in average 16-18 hours a day,downloading maybe a little less.

Back