Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
Well according to CC .. I'll still get 2mbps UL .. Free Night 4mbps will have 15gbFUP then speed again to 2mbps .. I've never faced FUP in my 2mbps till now and i dont think i'd face it in night also .. If my FUP has changed and my speed goes less than 2mbps, Airtel is out and even they know it :P

well we were told same on 1299 now the fup speed is 512 kbps .Even night speed of 1mbps wont continue suxx

I've have theri CC mail saying unlimited :P

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

and i didnt ask for upgrade they just did it .. and i was very specific that my speed shouldnt reduce and all and they said it wont get less than 2

Airtel finally sent me a mail confirming the speed upgrade and Fair Usage Policy limit

However it does not mention how much download is allowed after Fair Usage Policy limit is crossed. As per original plan it is 100GB so if that still applies then I will get 30GB at 2mbps + 100 GB at 1mbps = 130 GB total per month :whistle:

Today i got this mail. but i am getting 2mbps from past 1 week. but FUP is 30gb after that back to 1mbps, well i already crossed 25gb lets see it is 30 or 100gb limit.

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your Airtel Broadband Number 0000000

We at Airtel thank you for your continued patronage of our broadband services.

In this dynamic and fast growing medium of internet, you would always be looking forward for faster internet. Recent studies done with our customers like you, suggest most of the evolving activities like watching online videos, listening to songs, uploading and downloading pictures, movies, songs etc are experienced better at higher broadband speed.

Keeping this in mind, we at Airtel are happy to delight our valued customers like you by upgrading your Airtel broadband speed to 2Mbps* without any additional charges. Now, zap on and enjoy a superior internet experience.

You can logon to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test to check your upgraded broadband speed!

For more details call 121 from your Airtel Fixed Line OR 44444121 from other phones

Warm Regards,

Airtel Telemedia Services

*Post high speed download limit of 30GB for the month, your broadband speed will go back to original speed of 1Mbps as per your tariff plan. Speed will increase to 2Mbps automatically in the next bill cycle.

Yeah I got the same emailNoticed Airtel advertising for Speedtest.net........ sure signs of desperation :D

Today I spend 41 precious minutes of my life talking to Airtel customer harassment service. Call has been forwarded and has been put on hold numerous times.

In a nut shell, I was offered 20% rebate for 6 months in various plans, such as 1799 plan and new upgraded 1299 plan(offered some plans to try). But I was not interested at all as I clearly stated that "FUP and post-FUP-speed cannot be compensated by the rebates". Since they were unable to revert me to original Turbo 1299 plan, so they took a request for termination of the connection. I am supposed to receive a call within 24 hours and my billing will be stopped.

Can someone explain how will things be processed and in what duration? (disconnection etc. as I have to apply another connection) I am in Gurgaon. Will they try to offer me something more or should I apply for a new connection asap?

The next day I received a call from Backend Department. In their systems, my plan was original Turbo1299 without any modifications. They agreed to give me original plan and I agreed to take my disconnection request back.

Two days gone, I am still on f**** upgraded plan. So, I called again, they surprised me saying that my disconnection is still under process, billing is already stopped. And as per their records, they offered me my original plan two days before and I am supposed to give them answer......(thats a sixer!!..from Airtel CC)

New guy wrote all the story in the records that I need original plan or a disconnection, I also added that I will not pay any bill ever since they changed my plan. Now Backend Department will call me back again....

Airtel may tries to change your FUP, but at least they don't send Goondas in your house, like Reliance.
That's right. Believe it or not, I know many people who got visits from Reliance broadband goondas for recovering money. First they send a wrong inflated bill and if you don't pay the wrong inflated bill, these goondas will harass you.

"Mere papa ka sapna, sab ka maal apna." :|

Finally my speed as been upgraded to 1mbps from today i was on turbo 1299 plan even got conformation from airtel they only asked me to check the speed and confirm it they didn't tell about any fair usage policy
this is mail i got from them

Thank you for writing to us at Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to the below mail, this is to inform you that we
have upgraded the speed from 512 Kbps to 1 Mbps. Request
you kindly check and send us a line of confirmation on the same.

• E-Mail us at - [email protected]

Assuring you of best services.
Yours sincerely,

Nodal Officer
Airtel Telemedia Services

Yesterday when i wrote strong mail to nodal officer i got speed double today. Usually they reply in the same mail i send but since last mail i quoted them as "offering false offers cheating customers" they just cutted that part and replied with my previous mail which i sent last week

So unless we talk we don't get nothing

Back