Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,108
Seems it didn't last!

It was just a speed burst

Maybe this all had something to do with the special IPL 2mbit/s speed boost they've been advertising?

i think airtel are giving speed burst after every few hours that what i have noticed .

yes, ur quite right, on 13th and 14th i got around 240kb/s download speeds for a total of around 12 hours and believe me,i didnt waste even a single minute of those hours, downloaded around 9 GB of stuff, LOL . normally ,i am on Day 512 Kbps/Night 1 Mbps (Turbo 1299) plan.

by the way ,i hope the Turbo 1299 plan also get a speed upgrade by june . i recently got my airtel connection , on 15th march and at that time i hadnt heard of this speed upgrade thing, otherwise i would probably have gone for 512 Kbps plan. it would be really unfair if they dont upgrade the Turbo 1299 plan, as people who have paid less for other plans will be getting better speeds and at cheaper price than those with the turbo 1299 plans. the "minimum' airtel can do with the turbo 1299 plan is make it 1 Mbps unlimited ,otherwise this plan will be useless in coming months after all the speed upgrades. on top of this all, while taking my new airtel connection ,i took the option of paying 6 months advance ,so its not even possible for me to downgrade to 512 Kbps plan .the best all the people with the Turbo 1299 plan can hope for is a speed increase ,hopefully.

so if any person with turbo 1299 plan gets a speed upgrade in future,do let us know.

well seems u ppl in south are getting lucky with airtel. hope bb speed inc here in delhi too. as I am stuck at 1699 for 1mbs .:Ond btw I spoke to sm airtel guy he is saying with double speed in june airtel will reduce the Fair Usage Policy further. :frown:in delhi he was also saying tht 256kbs to 512kbs plans will now have 6gb limit:grin:

well seems u ppl in south are getting lucky with airtel. hope bb speed inc here in delhi too. as I am stuck at 1699 for 1mbs .:O

nd btw I spoke to sm airtel guy he is saying with double speed in june airtel will reduce the Fair Usage Policy further. :frown:
in delhi he was also saying tht 256kbs to 512kbs plans will now have 6gb limit:grin:

Another case of Indian ISPs spreading the fallacy that speed costs more money.

It just doesn't - it's the GB of which there is a limited supply (given that any line speed will only transfer as much in a given timespan as it can handle and no more). Increasing line speed and reducing GB allowances just does not make sense - GB allowances should *at least* remain constant.

i was getting 2 mbps for 15-20 days, ( am on 1099 / 512 plan) from last night my speed is back to 512, what do i do now

i was getting 2 mbps for 15-20 days, ( am on 1099 / 512 plan) from last night my speed is back to 512, what do i do now

You can upgrade your plan and pay more to get your 2mbps continuously ......OR you can continue with your 512kbps the speed you ACTUALLY pay for ?

There is no official statement by airtel on this. Plus be thankful you got it for 15 days, it was a mere speed burst back to same old speeds for you :p

Back