Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,108
Ya!...Hoping that they upgrade it soon and also increase the FUP...Currently it's 100GB for me, though they have never reduced my speed even when I crossed the limit by 10-15GB.

Ya!...Hoping that they upgrade it soon and also increase the FUP...Currently it's 100GB for me, though they have never reduced my speed even when I crossed the limit by 10-15GB.

Absolutely. I just hope they double the 1mbps plan to 2mbps at the earliest, and with either removing the fair usage policy altogether or increasing the FUP to something like 500GB or may be more. 100GB these days is peanuts as most of us are online practically all day and late until in the night be it connecting for work, social networking, video chatting for work and with friends, mails, youtube and other video contents, file attachments on emails, online heavy games, legally free games downloads, uploading heavy files for work through websites like yousendit and so many other heavy usages. It is high time that the bband rates are reduced and speeds like 10 mbps should become way more affordable at price points like Rs.2000/month with 500GB+ fair usage. We are way behind the rest of the world in terms of bband speeds already.

If they don't upgrade 2MBPS users to 4MBPS then at least they can double the FUP.

If they don't upgrade 2MBPS users to 4MBPS then at least they can double the Fair Usage Policy.

exactly....

They can double the speed the only issue is do they have the bandwidth and infrastructure in place to support the same

so, can any one confirm whether double speed upgrade is going to happen for (512kbps)Day/1Mbps Night (Airtel Turbo 1099 Plan) plan?

They can double the speed the only issue is do they have the bandwidth and infrastructure in place to support the same

In India, only 3 private ISPs have a total monopoly on landline broadband bandwidths(besides the govt. owned BSNL). Out of these, Reliance owns Flag Telecom, one of the world's largest undersea fibre optic internet bandwidth pipeline. Tata has their tie ups with such international undersea fibre optic lines landing in South and Western India. Airtel also had similar tie ups, and their dedicated direct undersea line from Singapore. Now, Airtel is going to have access to a huge undersea pipeline from their participation in one of the world's largest such project called the "Unity" project. This in partnership with Google is already ready, and will allow Airtel to offer still larger amounts of broadband to corporates and individuals. That must be one reason Airtel is getting generous now(and due to competition...) to offer automatic double speeds. However, the sad part is that All these 3 ISPs due to the monopoly have not reduced the prices and have kept the speeds also at a very low rate, to keep us the users hungry forever, so that whenever they increase the speed and offer the next level for a few 100 Rs. more, they know we will jump at it. All these 3 ISPs have been doing it for years now. It is high time that TRAI jumps in and make either 1mbps or 2mbps as the basic minimum speed as the definition of "broadband" in India which is a pathetic 256kbps as of today, legally speaking.

TRAI does not decide the price right? Even if they make 2mbps the lowest speed for broadband... no one is stopping ISPs to offer lower speeds as high speed internet connection. the definition of the term broadband does not CHANGE anything. just like 3G is not really going to change anything. prices would be sky high. unlimited connections would not be available. you would continue to pay per MB of usage.

In India, only 3 private ISPs have a total monopoly on landline broadband bandwidths(besides the govt. owned BSNL). Out of these, Reliance owns Flag Telecom, one of the world's largest undersea fibre optic internet bandwidth pipeline. Tata has their tie ups with such international undersea fibre optic lines landing in South and Western India. Airtel also had similar tie ups, and their dedicated direct undersea line from Singapore. Now, Airtel is going to have access to a huge undersea pipeline from their participation in one of the world's largest such project called the "Unity" project. This in partnership with Google is already ready, and will allow Airtel to offer still larger amounts of broadband to corporates and individuals. That must be one reason Airtel is getting generous now(and due to competition...) to offer automatic double speeds. However, the sad part is that All these 3 ISPs due to the monopoly have not reduced the prices and have kept the speeds also at a very low rate, to keep us the users hungry forever, so that whenever they increase the speed and offer the next level for a few 100 Rs. more, they know we will jump at it. All these 3 ISPs have been doing it for years now. It is high time that TRAI jumps in and make either 1mbps or 2mbps as the basic minimum speed as the definition of "broadband" in India which is a pathetic 256kbps as of today, legally speaking.

Your information is slightly out of date and inaccurate.

1. Bharti fully owns i2i, an 8 terabit capacity cable between Chennai and Singapore. They are also on the Se-Me-We 4 consortium (along with Tata), as well as the EIG and I-Me-We consortiums. Each of these cables has at least 1 terabit, and some are only operating at single digit (

baka airtel, you guys are supposed to double the speed not halve it lol >.>speed is being capped for sure as im still getting 2mbps from microsoft and a couple of other sites. rest is all at 256kbps >_>

Back