Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,118
i think most 256kbps users at least in delhi ncr region are on 512kbps now.

i have noticed the increased speeds at my neighbor's place and also at my bua's place in delhi.

incidentally, in both these cases, the user had no idea about this free upgrade from airtel.

and they did not even notice the increased speeds. :D

i did notice of course. :D

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

just checked with a friend based in noida. he is also getting 512k on his 256k connection.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

just verified. a friend in indore is also getting 512 on her 256k connection.

i think most 256kbps users at least in delhi ncr region are on 512kbps now.

i have noticed the increased speeds at my neighbor's place and also at my bua's place in delhi.

incidentally, in both these cases, the user had no idea about this free upgrade from airtel.

and they did not even notice the increased speeds. :D

i did notice of course. :D

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

just checked with a friend based in noida. he is also getting 512k on his 256k connection.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

just verified. a friend in indore is also getting 512 on her 256k connection.

they have doubled speeds but they changed all the plans now after 2mbps FUp limit you will straight get 256kbps

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/59966-airtel-double-speed-after-fair-usage-policy-speed-same-old-speed-not-doubled/

https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/59965-new-airtel-plans-mumbai-fcuked-up-policy/

Hi admin,I m currently on swift 512kbps+100RS double speed toup-up(1199pm).So effectively on 1MbpsI hv a FUP of 100gb.But the new swift has a fup of 15gb.SO i will be having 100gb or 15gb fup?So far this month i hv exceeded 15gb no speed reductions.

actually i just sent a mail to airtel presence folks...

Hello

I am writing this mail as an Airtel Broadband user and a moderator at India Broadband Forum (broadbandforum.co).

Airtel announced earlier this year that they were going to double the broadband speeds of all of their unlimited connections up to 1mbps.

I have noticed that a lot of customers who were on 256kbps UL connection are now getting 512kbps.

Few people have reported getting 1mbps on their 512kbps packages. I have not seen anyone on 1mbps getting 2mbps yet.

Airtel promised that the speeds would be upgraded by June. We are waiting for that to happen.

Here are some questions I need answered...

What happens to IPTV customers. There are no change in plans for them. When are they going to get the speed update.
What has Airtel done with the FUP applicable on these connections? Do they retain the same FUP limits? Or the limits have changed?

We have tried getting the information from the Airtel Customer Care representatives. Some say FUP remains the same (100GB) and speed gets half after crossing that. Others say that the FUP limits are now 25GB and speeds would fall down to 256kbps on all plans.

I need clarification on this.

Please provide me with details of the FUP limits applicable on the original plan and the upgraded plan. Also provide me with details on what speed users would get after crossing the FUP limits.

I am providing you with a basic template which you can fill:

Plan: 256kbps UL
Old FUP:
New FUP:
Speed downgrade on original plan:
Speed downgrade on upgraded plan:

Plan: 512kbps UL
Old FUP:
New FUP:

Plan: 1mbps UL
Old FUP:
New FUP:

If these details are different for different cities/regions. Please provide data for all the regional details as well.

Regards

i am pretty sure that they are not going to answer my queries properly.

I am repeating once again - I do realize that Airtel had advertised the speed upgradation of all plans. However, I am in touch with senior officials and all of them claim the same - the speeds of all plans will be upgraded subject to a maximum limit of 1Mbps. Those who are already on plans with speeds 1Mbps or more will not get their speeds upgraded.

True to their words, Airtel is doing the same right now. Users with 256kbps already got their speeds upgraded to 512kbps. Users with 512kbps are enjoying 1Mbps.

The rest of us are waiting for something, which is never going to happen even by the end of this month! I would love to enjoy 2Mbps Unlimited* for 299/- on my Airtel BB, but sadly, it is not going to materialize. :(

Anyway, let us hope for the best from Airtel BB.

Please do not blame me, if they increase the speeds of plans having 1Mbps or more. I am just acting as a messenger - I am plainly conveying what is being told to me by senior technical officials.

* Already enjoying 1Mbps Unlimited for 299/-. Might enjoy 2Mbps if they upgrade the speeds. And please, do not post here asking for the plan details. Use the forum search function to find out my plan (was available in Kerala, now they stopped it)

hehe. i have no doubts that airtel folks must have told you exactly what you are stating here.

i can only point to the PR issued by the company few months back.

they can of course cancel the plan to upgrade 1mbps plans.

Last edited:
I am repeating once again - I do realize that Airtel had advertised the speed upgradation of all plans. However, I am in touch with senior officials and all of them claim the same - the speeds of all plans will be upgraded subject to a maximum limit of 1Mbps. Those who are already on plans with speeds 1Mbps or more will not get their speeds upgraded.

True to their words, Airtel is doing the same right now. Users with 256kbps already got their speeds upgraded to 512kbps. Users with 512kbps are enjoying 1Mbps.

The rest of us are waiting for something, which is never going to happen even by the end of this month! I would love to enjoy 2Mbps Unlimited for 299/- on my Airtel BB, but sadly, it is not going to materialize. :(

Anyway, let us hope for the best from Airtel BB.

Please do not blame me, if they increase the speeds of plans having 1Mbps or more. I am just acting as a messenger - I am plainly conveying what is being told to me by senior technical officials.

then they will have to reduce our plans prices

as why the 1mbps current owners pay higher than 512kbps owners with paying lower price

they have to fix a lot of stuff. people who are on 2mbps. people who are on 1mbps (if this plan speed is not doubled). people who are on different speed plans (day time and night time speed difference). and of course... the folks who are on IPTV plans. (like me).

they have to fix a lot of stuff.

people who are on 2mbps.
people who are on 1mbps (if this plan speed is not doubled).
people who are on different speed plans (day time and night time speed difference).
and of course... the folks who are on IPTV plans. (like me).

i am on explore 1099 plan

what they did is they have increased my day speed to 512kbps (not doubled)
but my night speed is same i.e 1 mbps

well. the problem is that they have not stated it officially. and plans on their tariff pages have not been updated.

Back