Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,115
We should the Airtel CC with a call recorder and record what they commit...:whistle:

not admissible in courts.

yes it is

really? wow. can you cite me some evidence?

It is admissible specially after the coming into force of the IT act..even before it was admissible but courts were cautious in relying on it...ie they used certain principles for evaluating it before admitting it in evidence.

The important point here is that none of us (or most of us) on 512 kbps or 1 mbps plans have not got the speed upgrades as of now. They have only upgraded people with less than 512 kbps to 512 kbps till now. We will get to know for sure about the exact FUP's only once Airtel upgrades the speeds, which they said would be done by end of June (hopefully 2010). Lets hope its done soon. If anyone has got a speed upgrade from 512 kbps to 1 mbps or from 1 mbps to 2 mbps, please share with us. Thanks.

The important point here is that none of us (or most of us) on 512 kbps or 1 mbps plans have not got the speed upgrades as of now. They have only upgraded people with less than 512 kbps to 512 kbps till now. We will get to know for sure about the exact FUP's only once Airtel upgrades the speeds, which they said would be done by end of June (hopefully 2010). Lets hope its done soon.

If anyone has got a speed upgrade from 512 kbps to 1 mbps or from 1 mbps to 2 mbps, please share with us. Thanks.

Read my post https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/58370-airtel-broadband-double-broadband-speeds-june-2010-a/37/#post398238
Anyhow my speed is not consistent. It varies often & sometimes (while watching youtube) makes me crazy

The important point here is that none of us (or most of us) on 512 kbps or 1 mbps plans have not got the speed upgrades as of now. They have only upgraded people with less than 512 kbps to 512 kbps till now. We will get to know for sure about the exact Fair Usage Policy's only once Airtel upgrades the speeds, which they said would be done by end of June (hopefully 2010). Lets hope its done soon.

If anyone has got a speed upgrade from 512 kbps to 1 mbps or from 1 mbps to 2 mbps, please share with us. Thanks.

I checked the tariffs for Mumbai, all of the plans seem to have a Fair Usage Policy that is ****ing ridiculously low, like 15gb-40gb. 100gb was atleast somewhat ok, but this is just taking it too far. This is not a step forward for broadband, it is ten steps backward, and I'd rather keep my old plan.

yea,,airtel will loose customers now... damn!! only 15 to 40gb FUP and then speed reduces to 256kbps ... this is not good...

Customer care says I will still get 100gb FUP on my 1699 plan .. 40gb FUP is for new users ...It just make impossible for anyone to change the plan .. Like if I want to change to 1MBPS plan then I will get only 15GB as FUP .. this is so so wrong :(

Customer care says I will still get 100gb FUP on my 1699 plan .. 40gb FUP is for new users ...
It just make impossible for anyone to change the plan .. Like if I want to change to 1MBPS plan then I will get only 15GB as FUP .. this is so so wrong :(

In that case I can't imagine why anyone new would take an Airtel connection, it seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

In that case I can't imagine why anyone new would take an Airtel connection, it seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot here.

Actually, they would enroll the newer customers citing the older plans. Then, they would dynamically alter the plan conditions. At least that is what they did to me.

In Kerala, Airtel still advertises the Combo 499 as 1Mbps Unlimited. However, once the customer opts for the plan, they would set the speeds to 512kbps. Of course, they would apologize for the inconvenience.

"We at Airtel to delight our valued customers like you, have upgraded broadband speed to 1Mbps on Airtel Broadband No. xxxxxxxxxxx without any additional charges" :whistle:

"We at Airtel to delight our valued customers like you, have upgraded broadband speed to 1Mbps on Airtel Broadband No. xxxxxxxxxxx without any additional charges" :whistle:

Did you get this via mail?

Back