Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,115
I spoke to a CC exec a couple of hours back.She said that the upgrade is underway and will be done soon.When I asked her about the FUP on my current plan, she said that there's no mention of any FUP on the plan I'm using so there will be no FUP after my bandwidth is upgraded.This isnt Airtel's generosity but a proof of how incompetent their CC have become these days.

this isnt airtel's generosity but a proof of how incompetent their cc have become these days.
haha!

i believe Airtel has started to double the speed in Pune. I am on 256kbps plan..and have been getting more than 512kbps since morning..

I spoke to a CC exec a couple of hours back.
She said that the upgrade is underway and will be done soon.
When I asked her about the FUP on my current plan, she said that there's no mention of any FUP on the plan I'm using so there will be no FUP after my bandwidth is upgraded.
This isnt Airtel's generosity but a proof of how incompetent their CC have become these days.

Just called up Airtel CC. Spoke with the Sr. Supervisor at CC. The lady informed me that the speed upgrades would be completed by end of June, which we all have discussed in this forum several times now. She told me that on my current plan, Rs. 1699 (with 1 MBPS speed), there was a FUP limit of 100 GB, which would not change even on speed up-gradation. After the speed increase, once I cross 100 GB, the speed would come back to 1 MBPS and not go to 256 kbps. The speeds / tariffs /plans given on their website under tariff section are applicable only to new customers or those who get their plans changed to new ones. Existing customers would continue to enjoy the same FUP limits & their speeds would be reduced to half (or what they currently have). I really hope that this is true. Will get to know for sure once the speeds are upgraded. Till then.... have my fingers crossed !!!

Thanks for that.Gives me some hope and optimism regarding this issue, for a change.I guess we'll have to wait till next month and see how true to their word Airtel are.(which they aren't, but thats a moot point)

I availed the topup offer on my DSL 256 kbps(Rs.799) + Rs.100 = 512 kbps(Rs.899) during March i heard this news & wished it to be true. I totally forgot about this & while downloading on 5th June had a wierd feeling about the speed.
Checked with Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and found out the speed as 1 Mbps. Thought it was a error on their side(Sometimes it happened to me). Today i confirmed that it is true that my speed has been doubled for sure(Didn't call the CC yet). Not sure about the FUP though.

Just called up Airtel CC. Spoke with the Sr. Supervisor at CC. The lady informed me that the speed upgrades would be completed by end of June, which we all have discussed in this forum several times now. She told me that on my current plan, Rs. 1699 (with 1 MBPS speed), there was a Fair Usage Policy limit of 100 GB, which would not change even on speed up-gradation. After the speed increase, once I cross 100 GB, the speed would come back to 1 MBPS and not go to 256 kbps. The speeds / tariffs /plans given on their website under tariff section are applicable only to new customers or those who get their plans changed to new ones. Existing customers would continue to enjoy the same Fair Usage Policy limits & their speeds would be reduced to half (or what they currently have). I really hope that this is true. Will get to know for sure once the speeds are upgraded. Till then.... have my fingers crossed !!!

It was also mentioned in the leaflet Airtel send with last month's bill.

I think the 1mbps upgraded to 2mbps with 100GB and 1mbps post Fair Usage Policy limit is the best deal for the price...and YESSSS I am gonna get it :imwink:

from today i am getting 2mbps on my 1 mbps speed. does it is speed upgrade or speed-burst i dont know. if it is double speed will FUP apply s to me . are you guys aware of how much is FUP.

well it is just a speed-burst after some few minutes it came back to 1mbps.it is happened due to server problem, our whole mysore city has faced the problem for almost 2 hours. no internet at that time

We should the Airtel CC with a call recorder and record what they commit...:whistle:

Back