Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,114
Yeah. All indications are that it is actually happening. What is happening to the 2MBPS users @2999?

i am on that plan with 30gb FUP at 1999

they should double it too

i thought i will get double speed from 1st july but i am getting double speed since last night airtel FTW! :irock:

iv been upgraded from 512 kbps swift 1099 100 gb Fair Usage Policy to 1 mbps.. and the news about it is shocking! i just called airtel cc and asked whether the news about Fair Usage Policy is true and it is! 25 gb after that its 256 kbps. when i asked them to revert me back to swift 1099, the person who talked to me asked me to mail [email protected] about it. grrrrr airtel's thinking about screwing me, ill screw them back, badly.. if they dont change my Fair Usage Policy to atleast 50 gb or revert me back to 512 kbps 1099 100 gb Fair Usage Policy, am going for another isp.. they will lose a good customer who never delayed paying his bills

F**** Airtel. They think they are the only one who is providing broadband connection. They introduce new plans to rob us.
Guys I suggest if anyone who got their speed doubled kindly check for Fair Usage Policy with the Airtel CC. As they are migrating old customers to newer plans with strict FUPs.:madness:

To check for their new plans click the link: SCREW THE CUSTOMERS:impissed::ishock:

HAHA!I just had a look at the 1699 'impatience' plan(I guess its the same plan which I am on currently but with the speed upgrade) in the above link.40 gb Fair Usage Policy.For pete's sake!I honestly feel cheated.I don't have any other words.If there is any airtel supporter here kindly take a look at that and open your eyes.I easily cross 40 gb's on my 1Mbps connection so I don't have a hope in hell of keeping it under the limit with the 2 Mbps speed upgrade.I am taking that document above as proof enough and calling MTNL for a connection request.

F**** Airtel. They think they are the only one who is providing broadband connection. They introduce new plans to rob us.
Guys I suggest if anyone who got their speed doubled kindly check for Fair Usage Policy with the Airtel CC. As they are migrating old customers to newer plans with strict FUPs.:madness:

To check for their new plans click the link: SCREW THE CUSTOMERS:impissed::ishock:

This is total bull**** from Airtel. As per the brochure they sent us earlier, it clearly mentioned that "Free Speed upgrade is applicable till high speed data transfer limit, post which you will revert back to your ORIGINAL plan speed". So if I'm on 1 MBPS, how the hell can they put me/us back on 256kbps after 40 GB? Sucks big time....

Just a query though, would we be transferred on to the new plans (which Airtel usually never does in case of tariff reduction) or the above pdf is applicable only for new customers and old ones wud be getting a new stricter FUP and would revert to the original speeds they currently have?

from today i am getting 2mbps on my 1 mbps speed. does it is speed upgrade or speed-burst i dont know. if it is double speed will FUP apply s to me . are you guys aware of how much is FUP.

well 1mbps is to be upgraded to 2mbps so it might be that upgrade. not sure about the new FUP :(

Just a query though, would we be transferred on to the new plans (which Airtel usually never does in case of tariff reduction) or the above pdf is applicable only for new customers and old ones wud be getting a new stricter FUP and would revert to the original speeds they currently have?

from today i am getting 2mbps on my 1 mbps speed. does it is speed upgrade or speed-burst i dont know. if it is double speed will FUP apply s to me . are you guys aware of how much is FUP.

well 1mbps is to be upgraded to 2mbps so it might be that upgrade. not sure about the new FUP :(

Guys I would suggest call the Airtel CC and let them tell you first what is the FUP limit on your broadband plans.

The pamphlet Airtel is distrubuting regarding upgrade has been quoting the FUPs to remain same, so I guess the 1mbps free upgrade to 2mbps will remain same at 100GB, although this should be moved up to at the least 250 GB. 100GB is no big deal anymore even at 1mbps, so 2mbps will eat it up faster. At the minimum, we need 200GB of FUP, if at all the FUP needs to exist, that is.

Back