Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,114
guys BSNL is offering now 512 kbps UNLIMITED OFFICIALLY @ Rs.750 ...chk the below link:

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd- Latest News

So send EMAILS to [email protected] nd pressurize them nd m sure th same plan wud be activated to us within days or even hours, in relation to the no of emails they get...... nd still if they don activate it...then buh-bye a.-tel...hullo b.s.n.l :irock:

BSNL is offering now 512 kbps UNLIMITED OFFICIALLY @ Rs.750

That too without "Fair Usage Policy"!!

Hi All,
Please see Page 28 of this post and an attachment by "thesuleman". He has posted a pic of the leaflet that was posted along with the bills for April 2010 which clearly state that speeds of all users with 1 MBPS will be upgraded to 2 MBPS. It was recd by me as well as all other airtel users that I know personally. Wonder why there is still confusion. Pls check pg 28.

I have seen that page, but Airtel has been sending confusing signals to all. I am on the 1mbps connection and am desperate to move to 2mbps at the same rate. Yesterday, I called the customer care, who specifically said that only users upto 256kbps will be moved to 512 for free, but others wont. I asked him to call his supervisor on line who repeated the same. Yes, we all know that 121 is not Airtel but just a call center who plainly read out stuff that has been given to them, however they were confident about this one. Another possibility could be, which would be shocking as it is already June, that they have not yet been told about it. I hope that 1mbps is upgraded free to 2mbps, as that pamphlet said, and yes, its HIGH TIME actually to get 4mbps at this rate of Rs. 1700, or at max of Rs. 2000.

I have seen that page, but Airtel has been sending confusing signals to all. I am on the 1mbps connection and am desperate to move to 2mbps at the same rate. Yesterday, I called the customer care, who specifically said that only users upto 256kbps will be moved to 512 for free, but others wont. I asked him to call his supervisor on line who repeated the same. Yes, we all know that 121 is not Airtel but just a call center who plainly read out stuff that has been given to them, however they were confident about this one. Another possibility could be, which would be shocking as it is already June, that they have not yet been told about it. I hope that 1mbps is upgraded free to 2mbps, as that pamphlet said, and yes, its HIGH TIME actually to get 4mbps at this rate of Rs. 1700, or at max of Rs. 2000.

the CC actually has no idea

some say its 256kpbs or 512kbps and some even say 1mbps double speeds

i don't know what will happen to me with 2mbps at rs.1999

also the fact that they are saying they will give 512kbps users 1mbps speed at 512kbps plan prices but will not increase 1mbps users,so why would 1mbps users be paying more when 512kbps owners are getting 1mbps for lower price.

Yeah. All indications are that it is actually happening. What is happening to the 2MBPS users @2999?

Just Called up 121 Airtel CC, they confirmed that speeds will double for
Turbo 1099 (Airtel/MM/FL/14) by June 31 2010. Let's see

did u ask if they goin to reduce ur FUP ? as per another thread the new speed doubled plans have reduced FUP's

I got the impression that they were upgrading in phases but it seems like very few people have been upgraded so far as of the start of June.

Will the swift 1099 users with 512 kbps speed(100 gb fup) be upgraded to 1 mbps with same fair usage policy?

Back