Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,114
well the question here is... would everyone who got double speeds for Rs. 100 would get quadruple speeds after this upgrade!

The question is will the people who did not get the double speed offer get any upgrade?

Code:
http://bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB/BB_home_only_unlim.htmhttp://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/pdf/Financial_Implications_18_May.pdf
What is this? I am just wondering about Airtel - Are they going to launch something different from the above? If so then it's a good new for Airtel users or we will have to switch to Reliance (feasibility)

:wewin::hysterical:oh gr8 Airtel will upgrade to double speed...... but....depending on pans > after 16 GB speed down to 256 kbps Againafter 25 GB down to 256 kbpsafter 50 GB down to 256 kbps.........................:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Hi,

I am on 1 mbps unlimited plan. On 31 May 2010, i wrote an email to Airtel CC asking about the upgrade of speed to 2mbps. Bleow is the response which i got.

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

"With reference to your e-mail dated 31/05/10, you have expressed your concern regarding double speed for your Airtel fixed-line *********.

We would like to inform that your concern regarding Double Broadband speed will be automatically updated from June 2010.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you"

So I am still expecting the upgrade

Hi All,Please see Page 28 of this post and an attachment by "thesuleman". He has posted a pic of the leaflet that was posted along with the bills for April 2010 which clearly state that speeds of all users with 1 MBPS will be upgraded to 2 MBPS. It was recd by me as well as all other airtel users that I know personally. Wonder why there is still confusion. Pls check pg 28.

I am from Delhi and @Swift 1099 (512Kbps U/D) but my connection is still @512Kbps.Guys please confirm anyone who is using this plan got their speed upgraded to 1Mbps

i got upgraded to 1mbps.. i was in 256Kbps added top up 100 few months ago .. Now upgraded to 1mbps.. :) for 899 ..

me too was on 256kbps + rs.100 topup plan.... getting 1mbps speed since yesterday :yahoo: ..my plan has been officially upgraded to 1mbps now :thumbsup:

hold on ,i thought people who paid 100 Rs to get double speed would not be upgraded again! i remember reading such a thing in previous posts.
then what is the point in paying top up 100 when everybody get a free upgrade.. i am upgraded and sure every one will get upgraded too.
exactly... then why the hell should we pay 100 bucks when we can get it for free. Are we there only for their trial runs and speed testing?

I believe that all those who got into double speed topup offer before the official announcement would be upgraded. I thought of discontinuing the topup offer if they dont upgrade my speed by end of June. Thankfully they did it! :thumb:

speed doubled ?

https://www.speedtest.net

p.s : currently on 512kbps

Check if ur plan name has been updated ...mine was updated today :)

what's your plan name ..?

me too was on 256kbps + rs.100 topup plan.... getting 1mbps speed since yesterday :yahoo: ..my plan has been officially upgraded to 1mbps now :thumbsup:

exactly... then why the hell should we pay 100 bucks when we can get it for free. Are we there only for their trial runs and speed testing?

I believe that all those who got into double speed topup offer before the official announcement would be upgraded. I thought of discontinuing the topup offer if they dont upgrade my speed by end of June. Thankfully they did it! :thumb:

Check if ur plan name has been updated ...mine was updated today :)

Back