Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,118
Freedom 2999 users? What happens to them! That's all I want to know!

[lowblow]...presumably they'll get ripped off so that Airtel can milk money out of them and then blame them for not calling customer care (at customer expense) to change/update the plan?[/lowblow]

I would call to change my plan or update it but there is no better plan. If I change, my FUP will get applied!

double speed offer was for plan which got 1mbps speed

so till plan which got speed of 1mbps the speed was doubled
freedom 2999 users better to change to 1699 1mbps plan and with 100rs additional they can get 2mbps
thats the best thing to do

but its too late for that just wait for airtel new plans soon

airtel has just pissed on their entire customer base. the existing plans are expensive by today's standards but they do have a relatively decent FUP. new plans are a piece of shite. remember folks. do not recommend airtel to ANYONE. DO NOT.

airtel has just pissed on their entire customer base.

the existing plans are expensive by today's standards but they do have a relatively decent Fair Usage Policy.

new plans are a piece of shite.

remember folks. do not recommend airtel to ANYONE.

DO NOT.

Hi admin,

I was impressed with the discussions about AirTel broadband. But read your comment and got confused ! :confused: I need a good speed internet for gaming and normal browsing. Downloading data may not exceed 4GB per month. I am just in need of very good speed. Which plan would you suggest to me?

I stay in Bangalore and will be shifting to my new house soon. So planning to take a broadband connection. I have never used PC internet connection at home before.

well if you are happy with 4-8GB download limits, airtel is fine. but i have heard that they have terrible pings to popular gaming servers. so check on that.

well if you are happy with 4-8GB download limits, airtel is fine. but i have heard that they have terrible pings to popular gaming servers. so check on that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go for AirTel broadband connection. Since people here are more experienced with broadband connections, can you please suggest a good plan as well?

I would call to change my plan or update it but there is no better plan. If I change, my FUP will get applied!

And therein lies your conundrum. You're damned if you do & damned if you don't.

airtel has just pissed on their entire customer base.

the existing plans are expensive by today's standards but they do have a relatively decent FUP.

new plans are a piece of shite.

remember folks. do not recommend airtel to ANYONE.

DO NOT.

Airtel seem to be completely Bi-Polar... every 9 months they'll do a huge push for customers by offering decent plans, then drive them all away 9 months later by offering shit plans.

And it's not like they have no spare international capacity, nor even domestic capacity - SMW4 is under 40% utilization and that's only ~10% of what they have available in total.

They (Airtel) need to make a decision:
1. Do they want to keep existing customers and do they want to grow?
or
2. Do they just want to gain customers for a few months so they can boast things like 100,000,000 customers and then piss everyone off by introducing newer better (for who??) tariffs?

I mean WTF... even I'm losing track of their business strategy.

Back