Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,119
this is from march dude. very old news.

As I mentioned it is an updated one... anyways thanks. :)

updated one? whats the update in that one? i do not see anything marked as updated. :( airtel folks have just tweeted that some customers on 512k and 1mbps might have to wait till next month for their double speeds. and new FUP is indeed 25GB for most plans.

updated one? whats the update in that one? i do not see anything marked as updated. :(

airtel folks have just tweeted that some customers on 512k and 1mbps might have to wait till next month for their double speeds.

and new FUP is indeed 25GB for most plans.

Does this new FUP apply to old users or does it kick in when you change a plan?

I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to meet their June 30th deadline, they seem to be getting inefficient in addition to stingy.

Read my post
https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/58370-airtel-broadband-double-broadband-speeds/37/#post398238
I've done a mistake by sending a mail to CC asking for FUP for my current plan 3 days back. Today they called me(read no email) & asking me(actually forcing) to deactivate the top up offer & better stay @ Rs.799/512kbps. I've asked them to call tomorrow. What should i do?

threaten them to leave

and threaten the guys and tell them you wanna talk to the senior guys

tell them strongly that you only stayed at airtel because of the top up

and scream a bit,they get scared and try to compromise

@Sushubh Plan: 512kbps UL Old FUP: 100 GB New FUP:25 GB Speed downgrade on original plan:256 Kbps Speed downgrade on upgraded plan:512 Kbpswas written on twitter by airtel presencethis probably means that for people on 512 UL with 100GB FUP will be upgraded to 1mbps till 25GB and then downgraded back to 512 kbps

well the problem is that they are not downgrading speeds to half in 1mbps plans on broadband. downgrade speeds on almost all the plans is 256kbps now. they have to make it clear. probably means does not give me any confidence :)

If only they would downgrade all plans to at least 512kbps then it would be fine.

Back