Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,120
Wait, I thought these were new plans (with 25GB Fair Usage Policy). If they going to reduce Fair Usage Policy from 100GB to 25GB for old plans then they will also reduce speed to 256kbps :madness:Surely this can't be legal, whatever happened to consumer rights?

i have been trying to get clarification from airtel folks for a week now. they are simply reverting back with crap responses. please guys. send mails to airtel presence with details and clear questions and post the responses here.

i have been trying to get clarification from airtel folks for a week now. they are simply reverting back with crap responses.

please guys. send mails to airtel presence with details and clear questions and post the responses here.

Honestly, Sushubh, I really dont think that these emails would have much value because the same team gives different replies to different people for common questions. Its very much like the Airtel CC, which confuse you even more everytime you speak to them. Despite the mailer in the bill and their commitment to double the speeds of all existing users, I'm certainly not very sure if it can be done by end June. And to top it off, the new FUPs, surely Airtel is setting new standards in customer satisfaction !!

well the idea is... we can have responses given to different users here and then collect them in a single location and protest against airtel for sending different signals to different users. we need raw data to do that!

Wait, I thought these were new plans (with 25GB Fair Usage Policy). If they going to reduce Fair Usage Policy from 100GB to 25GB for old plans then they will also reduce speed to 256kbps :madness:
Surely this can't be legal, whatever happened to consumer rights?

haha, what consumer rights ? please dont joke

well. i had assume that customers are likely to get benefit of the doubt in a consumer court if it can be proved that airtel deliberately reduced the capabilities of an existing package for existing customers without a logical reason. it would be up to airtel to prove that they have a valid reason to remove features. it is worth giving a try. but someone has to take the time out.

Hello to all, I just got to know about the double speeds and new plans launched. So I called up the CC to ask when they would be upgrading my speeds. On discussing all new plans with the rep was told that plans above 1 Mbps have FUP of 12GB and the other 1Mbps or below plans there is no FUP as of now... however, he said that once all customers have been migrated to new plans they would apply some FUP limit and we would be informed about it...Now reading the thread here I see that FUP is 25GB. So I am more confused than before. I would like clear answers to these questions: (thanks for your effort)1) How soon can i expect my plan speed to be upgraded to 1Mbps as I am on swift 1099(512Kbps). 2) Whats the FUP under this plan?3)What would be the reduced speed after exhausting FUP limit under this plan?**************************XXXXX***************************XXXX*******************************

speeds have doubled for sure... i think i am getting 2Mbps for now... will post after getting a reply on the email.

Back