Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,121
FUP on the broadband connection connected to the IPTV plan! FUP is of course applicable on the broadband packages on IPTV plans at least on paper for older plans and definitely for newer ones. details in the link i posted above.

ohk.. got it..

So wht's the status of 1699 plan? I am still getting 1mbps ... Will airtel reduce the cost for us? Cos now 1699 gets 2mbps ..
Anyone on 1mbps 1699 plan got upgraded to 2mbps?

On the same plan. Still waiting for any speed upgrades. Hope they upgrade the speeds as assured by Airtel.

I am on 1699 1mbps plan and have yet to see any upgrade, not that I am expecting any, but just to let others know as well. Have seen and posted the new webad by Airtel for new 4mbps plan on the other thread titled "have you kicked Airtel out...". The ad says 4mbps/50GB FUP for 1799. Was worth it only if the FUP was something like 200GB.....

it would be cool if i can get 2mbps on my current plan. even with 100GB FUP (hopefully down to 1mbps after that) it would be livable.

i would love if i get 4mbps and then 2mbps for FUP speed

it could also be 4mbps all the way as some user's speed doesn't get throttled.wouldn't that be awesome

Cheap ride ahead?
1Mbps : True Unlimited : 299 INR
Not Sure how true it is, but it definitely gives me a feel good factor :smile:.

By end-2010, increased competition and availability will force prices down to the Rs.299 level for 1 Mbps unlimited broadband, wireline or wireless. That will take affordable high-speed broadband beyond the cities.
Source: Wireless broadband will be a game changer in India (Special)

it will have 500MB Fair Usage Policy after which speed goes down to 64kbps :ashamed:

Back