Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,124
Cheap ride ahead?
1Mbps : True Unlimited : 299 INR
Not Sure how true it is, but it definitely gives me a feel good factor :smile:.

By end-2010, increased competition and availability will force prices down to the Rs.299 level for 1 Mbps unlimited broadband, wireline or wireless. That will take affordable high-speed broadband beyond the cities.
Source: Wireless broadband will be a game changer in India (Special)

Just had a little rant on this site after reading the article. As I do :D

^ :rofl: If that happens I would like a 5 Mbps unlimited connection :D

Come to us. It won't be Rs1,500, but it's not that much more.

Now we have to wait till end of July! This is too freaking long! HURRY UP HAYAI!

Alright, alright, I'm coming, I'm coming... keep your panties on :D

Have any Turbo1299 users got their speed doubled up??>..Please Post/...

Mail:
Dear Airtel,

As per your web site:

http://airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/About%20Bharti%20Airtel/bharti+airtel/media+cen
tre/bharti+airtel+news/ telemedia/pg-airtel-breaks-the-speed-barrier

Redefines broadband threshold: Doubles broadband speeds of 512 Kbps to 1 Mbps
and 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps at no extra cost: The upgrades come at no extra costto
existing customers and will be completed by June 2010 pan India.

Please let me know when can I expect the speed of my broadband plan Swift 1099
to be doubled from 512 Kbps to 1Mbps?

regards,
Sachin

Reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to your e-mail dated 26.06.2010, you have expressed your concern regarding speed for your Airtel fixed-line xxxxxxxxxxx.

We would like to inform that in Combo swift 1099 plan you are provided with double the speed for what you are currently paying for. We would like to inform you that at the end of this month you will be able to get the double speed.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

Warm Regards,
Bharti Airtel Limited

what is airtel cc email id?

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

anybody with experiences of Reliance BB in gurgaon? I have used it at my home in kanpur, didnt have much problems. Is it that bad in general?

what is airtel cc email id?

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

anybody with experiences of Reliance BB in gurgaon? I have used it at my home in kanpur, didnt have much problems. Is it that in general?

for mumbai it is [email protected]

it should be the following for you

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

So I expect the first effect (by end-2010) to be wider availability of true broadband across cities and towns. Keep in mind that even in New Delhi, a major player like Airtel does not have broadband services everywhere. That will change. And the bar will be raised to 1 Mbps unlimited as the minimum available. Already Airtel's selling 4 Mbps unlimited wireline broadband for Rs 1,399 and BSNL and others have even cheaper plans. Wireless broadband has to match those prices.

By end-2010, increased competition and availability will force prices down to the Rs.299 level for 1 Mbps unlimited broadband, wireline or wireless

Wow ! he is supposed to be an IT journo n he has no knowledge of the ground situation..he uses oxymorons such as "Airtel" and "unlimited"..by what standard is the 4 mbps connection unlimited??
agreed BSNL has cheaper plans has he ever bothered to see their Fair Usage Policy's ? 8 GB , 9 GB , 10 GB !?

How can he say that wireless will improve penetration and drive down prices? does he know abt any country where wireless drove a BB revolution? AFAIK high speed broadband in most developed countries is wired

some one has to bring bout a change, hence improve the penetration like Reliance did with cell phones. Once that is done the price will come down in the same way.

Wow ! he is supposed to be an IT journo n he has no knowledge of the ground situation..he uses oxymorons such as "Airtel" and "unlimited"..by what standard is the 4 mbps connection unlimited??
agreed BSNL has cheaper plans has he ever bothered to see their Fair Usage Policy's ? 8 GB , 9 GB , 10 GB !?

How can he say that wireless will improve penetration and drive down prices? does he know abt any country where wireless drove a BB revolution? AFAIK high speed broadband in most developed countries is wired

some one has to bring bout a change, hence improve the penetration like Reliance did with cell phones. Once that is done the price will come down in the same way.

Only if prices at a wholesale level come down first... We can't pay a crore a year - or even 50 lakhs FTM - for each of our 155mbit connections, and then be expected to provide fully, truly, unlimited at a decent speed and a cost even approaching levels like Rs299 without quality suffering or heavy FUPs.

The costs, MY costs have to come down by about 90% to think of that (and I'm not even thinking about NIXI or local loop or having a profit margin).

Possibly if we were able to obtain the rights to use MTNL/BSNL copper instead of paying many lakhs each time we wire up a neighbourhood, that might help... but as of now, each provider has their own cabling, so if you move house, sometimes by virtue of doing that you are forced to switch ISP as well, so if you live in a building wired by Tata, good luck trying to subscribe to Airtel.

I'd go so far to say that we'd be interested in leasing last mile rights to the FTTH network that we're building so as to promote some competition, and/or leasing MTNL/BSNLs copper so that we could fairly instantly provide full-speed ADSL to everyone in India who has a phone line.

In fact, I think I'll make some inquiries. If you see any "up to 8 mbit/s" or "up to 24 mbit/s" plans from us, you'll know how it went.

Only if prices at a wholesale level come down first... We can't pay a crore a year - or even 50 lakhs FTM - for each of our 155mbit connections, and then be expected to provide fully, truly, unlimited at a decent speed and a cost even approaching levels like Rs299 without quality suffering or heavy FUPs.

The costs, MY costs have to come down by about 90% to think of that (and I'm not even thinking about NIXI or local loop or having a profit margin).

Possibly if we were able to obtain the rights to use MTNL/BSNL copper instead of paying many lakhs each time we wire up a neighbourhood, that might help... but as of now, each provider has their own cabling, so if you move house, sometimes by virtue of doing that you are forced to switch ISP as well, so if you live in a building wired by Tata, good luck trying to subscribe to Airtel.

I'd go so far to say that we'd be interested in leasing last mile rights to the FTTH network that we're building so as to promote some competition, and/or leasing MTNL/BSNLs copper so that we could fairly instantly provide full-speed ADSL to everyone in India who has a phone line.

In fact, I think I'll make some inquiries. If you see any "up to 8 mbit/s" or "up to 24 mbit/s" plans from us, you'll know how it went.

mgcarley, delay in your service launching has become "BIRBAL KI KHICHADI".
although i m not going to be your customer, but sometimes, it makes me laugh when I read ur posts in this forum.

Back