Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,127
mgcarley, delay in your service launching has become "BIRBAL KI KHICHADI".

Yes. You can imagine how annoyed I am getting at being told every day to wait. As it is understood, MTNL/BSNL do not open up their last-mile DSL networks to 3rd parties :( Maybe we have to force the government to look at LLU.

although i m not going to be your customer, but sometimes, it makes me laugh when I read ur posts in this forum.

Uh... ok... why?

vapourware fears.

vapourware fears.

Understandable. I suffer from the same sometimes but I've got a dream to fulfill and a lot of customers and investors to make happy.

And now we might be building a similar service in NZ, but that may not be ready until 2013 (mostly because the international cables to actually support the service will only be ready by then). Fortunately for me, I face less regulatory issues there, I think!

This thread is too long to follow but this airtel doubling broadband speeds is a sham.yes, they will increae your speeds, but there is an extra Fair Usage Policy in action which once exceeded drops you back to 256kbs.I'm currently on the 999 plan and getting 384kbs, never changed since i joined them in 2005. So i got two calls one asking me to upgrade to the swift plan for Rs.100 extra. What was not mentioned was this extra Fair Usage Policy of 15GB which once crossed drops you back to 256kbs (!) The data Fair Usage Policy for this plan is 100GB and once exceded drops you to 128kbs.If I pay Rs.300 more/month then the first Fair Usage Policy goes up to 40GB before my speeds get quartered.I gave the rep a piece of my mind and told them i'm sticking with my orginal plan because i'm not willing to pay exta for this tease. So currently i get 512kbs with a 5GB Fair Usage Policy after which it drops to 384kbs and my usual 75GB Fair Usage Policy applies.Talk about hot air, raising expectations and totally failing with the delivery :mad:

righto. i am not sure about one thing. tho it should happen like it sounds. current plan users. who are supposed to get double speeds. what happens to their FUP? you still retain the older FUP limits. you get double speeds till that limit. you fall back to your older original speed. oryou get the newer limits. but you fall back to your older original speed. or you get the newer limits and you fall back to 256kbps.

From what i could understand the orginal Fair Usage Policy remains unchanged (whatever applies for 256kbs) but they have introduced an extra Fair Usage Policy which drops you to 256kbs once this new Fair Usage Policy is exceeded. What happens is you get shifted to a new plan which has these additional constraints. You do not get your old plan with faster consistant speed.So nothing is offered 'for free' here, you pay an extra premium for the privledge. It's very clear the intent is to get you hooked to a faster speed on your dime and then hope you will change (by paying more) for a faster plan.

umm so you are saying that there are two FUPs applied on a connection? a 2mbps connection would fall to 1mbps after 100GB (original FUP) and then it would fall to 256kbps (which new FUP limit? 8/15/25/40/50GB)? argh. u mean that the extra fair usage policy is the new usage policy applicable on the new plans? :Dof course they are not doing us a favor. but a couple of us who are sticking to our older plans are mmm i believe getting something extra for the same price?

umm so you are saying that there are two FUPs applied on a connection?
Yes, but in my case i was asked for permission first, to shift to a new plan which did not make much sense once i asked about the caveats for the plans I was offered.

a 2mbps connection would fall to 1mbps after 100GB (original Fair Usage Policy) and then it would fall to 256kbps (which new Fair Usage Policy limit? 8/15/25/40/50GB)?
Hmm, i'm not sure bout this one but extrapolating would mean...

If you were on a 1mbs plan, and they doubled you to 2mbs, for the first 20-40GB, you would have 2mbs, then it would fall to 1mbs for the remainder and if you exceeded 100GB then it would drop to 256kbs.

But the point is you would not get that extra speed for free, you would be paying a little more for it.

argh. u mean that the extra fair usage policy is the new usage policy applicable on the new plans? :D
For the lower speed ones it seems that way.

of course they are not doing us a favor. but a couple of us who are sticking to our older plans are mmm i believe getting something extra for the same price?
Very little, in my case i get 512kbs for the fist 5Gb then its back to 384 kbs as usual.

I would not be complaining if I got my speed increased for no extra cost and it stayed that way.

@Sushubh Plan: 512kbps Unlimited Old Fair Usage Policy: 100 GB New Fair Usage Policy:25 GB Speed downgrade on original plan:256 Kbps Speed downgrade on upgraded plan:512 Kbps

umm so you are saying that there are two FUPs applied on a connection?

a 2mbps connection would fall to 1mbps after 100GB (original Fair Usage Policy) and then it would fall to 256kbps (which new Fair Usage Policy limit? 8/15/25/40/50GB)?

argh. u mean that the extra fair usage policy is the new usage policy applicable on the new plans?

of course they are not doing us a favor. but a couple of us who are sticking to our older plans are mmm i believe getting somethingextra for the same price?

this confirms it
512 Unlimited plan would be upgraded to 1mbps
after 25GB speed back to 512kbps old plan
and then after 100GB speed probably down to 256kbps

this confirms it
512 Unlimited plan would be upgraded to 1mbps
after 25GB speed back to 512kbps old plan
and then after 100GB speed probably down to 256kbps
Correction: 512 Unlimited plan would be upgraded to 1mbps
after 15GB speed back to 512kbps old plan

Back