Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,106
It appears they have no plans to double 2mbps to 4mbps....probably because it will eat into their 4mbps Impatient Plans segment

So they will reduce the price then of the Freedom 2999 plan? Or at least increase the FUP value?

So they will reduce the price then of the Freedom 2999 plan? Or at least increase the FUP value?

I guess they might scrap the Freedom 2999 Plan....with 1mbps users doubled to 2mbps they will have two set of users paying different price for the same speed.

Let's wait and watch, most of the time the CC doesn't even know about the plans that has been launched, so its unlikely that they would know exact details about plans that may be months away from launch.

Redefines broadband threshold
? Upgrades all existing customers to a minimum of 512 Kbps speed at no extra cost
? Doubles broadband speeds of 512 Kbps to 1 Mbps and 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps at no extra cost
? Launches Impatience Plans- offers 4Mbps plans, starting Rs.899/ month

New Delhi, March 21, 2010 : Bharti Airtel, one of Asia?s leading integrated telecom service providers, in an unprecedented move is upgrading speeds of all its existing customers (on 64, 128, 256 Kbps) to a minimum of 512 Kbps. Further, customers currently on 512 Kbps plans and 1mbps plans will have their speeds doubled to 1Mbps and 2Mbps respectively. The upgrades come at no extra cost to existing customers and will be completed by June 2010 pan India. Airtel also announced the launch of ?Impatience Plans? - an industry first for broadband, by offering 4 Mbps speed plans starting at a path breaking Rs. 899/ month. .

all this sounds really good but, we are not sure if they have any usage policies like FUP...

^ "we are not sure" ??? huh?They DO have fair usage policies, and I seriously doubt they are that cool that they will double the speed and remove FUP for free. What only remains to be seen is whether they will double (or increase at all) the FUP limits, and also what post-FUP limit speed they will apply (i.e. half the speed or 256kbps).

I guess they might scrap the Freedom 2999 Plan....with 1mbps users doubled to 2mbps they will have two set of users paying different price for the same speed.

Unless the FUP limit is different!

I hope they do increase the FUP limit even if they keep the price the same!

Back