Airtel not enabling bridge mode in zte router .. Technical local team not aware

ISP
AS24560
AS55836
AS133982
airtel technical team not aware of bridge mode ... and not helping in enabling it.. any idea how to make them do it? have airtel zte router.. MODEL F670LV9.0 please help guys .. need to enable it for connecting to Deco m4r [ mesh wifi]

@MrGordon V9.0.10P1N12A

Make sure you are connected to the port which you have marked for bridging, and make sure your Username ([email protected]) (can be found in your router's WAN profile or in your bill as 'Primary Service ID') and Password ('Account No' in your bill) is correct.

Upvote 0
@xtroDe Yes it’s the same bound port. The PPPoE creds are good cause I can just swap the ONT and it starts working.

I really think the ZTE firmware or something which prevents the bridge profile from working correctly when created using the inspect element hack.

Upvote 0
@anmolbhard004 Yep! An Airtel technician is supposed to be visiting today finally to setup the bridge mode. I am not sure why they insist on a technician visit cause I told them a bunch of times to set it up remotely and I will take care of configuring. Apparently that doesn't work, anyway will wait and see.

Btw my firmware version is F670LV9.0 V9.0.10P1N12A

Upvote 0
Finally the local Airtel technician visited earlier today, I wasn't at home, so not sure what exactly they did, but from what my wife said, they just checked the config, made some calls, and also deleted the bridge profile that was added with the inspect element hack.

Airtel ZTE ONT/Router --> My Mikrotik Router (adding one more NAT layer) --> All my devices

Since Airtel technician was supposed to be coming, I had left it as above the Airtel ZTE ONT connected to the WAN port of the Mikrotik and all my devices connecting to the Mikrotik over wired/wireless.

Anyway shortly after the technician left, the Mikrotik stopped working (could confirm from the health probes from the Mikrotik), Airtel ZTE continued to work over wireless. Once I was back home, noticed that there was no link on the port connected to the ZTE, it was as-if there was no cabled attached. Tried the other ports too, but only LAN1 established a link, so looks like LAN2-4 have been disabled.

Once cable was moved to LAN1 of ZTE, internet connectivity was restored in the original configuration. I then configured the VLAN id and enabled PPPoE client on the Mikrotik, and it connected right away. There is no indication of any config changes on the ZTE web UI, cause only the VOIP and WAN profiles exist even now.

2wSOgEn.png

Anyway it appears to be a true bridge setup, cause there is no VLAN tagging or anything being done at the ZTE. All config need to be done on my Mikrotik. Even though I created the VLAN interface, the PPPoE connection was pointed to the default WAN interface itself when it worked. So the ZTE is mapping the WAN VLAN (ie 100 in my case) to the LAN1 port, and no VLAN config is required on the Mikrotik.

I had read earlier about some speed doubling which happens if you make use of both PPPoE links ie the one established on the ZTE and the one on my router. I will give it a try, I can anyway access internet from the ZTE PPPoE link on my Mikrotik using the same port.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I requested bridge mode to Airtel, and someone from the technical department (whatever that is) called me and said they'll do it on port 4 and call me back. They never called back, but they did SOMETHING, because now ALL my LAN ports have stopped working. It's been 3 days, and I can't call back the same guy, it's a one way number he called from. The ground technicians can't do anything, saying it's done by the backend. @MrGordon Could you figure out why your ports were disabled? And if bridge mode IS enabled, anything specific I need to do on the router I want to connect to the zte ont?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Amosdecker That's how they enable bridge mode, all LAN ports except one will be disabled, and the working one will work in bridge mode. You will need to establish PPPoE session from your main router that is connected to this port.

There is nothing special you need to do, just connect to the WAN port of your main router, and establish PPPoE with the Airtel credentials.

Upvote 0
The router (Netgear Orbi) doesn't even detect the ethernet connection to the zte modem. On its (orbi's) login page, it just says internet port not connected. And none of the lights on the modem come on. I've tried all 4 ports. Does your light work? And on the modem's (Zte) login page, all 4 lan status' show No link.
Also, sorry to pester but I don't know how to setup PPPoE (not very tech savvy) or what the credentials are. What to do on my router's login page?

P.S Can you tell me how to upload a photo on this thread?

Upvote 0
Your PPPoE credentials are:
Username: DSL number
Password: Account Number
You can find this on your bill or airtel thanks app under Airtel Xstream Fiber account info

To upload a photo, goto imgur.com, upload the image, click on get sharable links and select the one with BBcode. simply copy the link here.

Upvote 0

Back