Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

@DaRkLoRdB2 I contacted the guy whose number you had posted.
He already know my address, but to be double sure, I also sent the whatsapp geo location and full address.
I have opted for 200Mbps 6 month plan. He said he would send a guy tomorrow. Lets c.

About landline, he said they dont provide that. But after asking about the landline number, he said that would be given.
And last n final and the most important part, I asked him if any issue happens with the connection whom should I contact, he said you can call 121 or him too. I am just happy that I wont have to deal with stupid LCOs and MSP guys.
nice... Let's see :)

who told u peering is offer from tata or airtel.. ill bandwidth n peering r both different things.. airtel tata voda just give mux port for peering u have peering xchange n they are located in 4 regions in india with tie ups with various partners
If your upstream is with Tata or Airtel directly then you will have better routing to servers at different locations since they have better connectivity through India and also most of the ISPs use their infrastructure. For example we should get 65-70ms ping time on Singapore servers from Patna but due to lack of direct peering of local ISPs we get more because their peering exchange happens somewhere else like Delhi or Mumbai so the routing path is not direct. They take their bandwidth from some other ISPs who have tie ups with other ones. And finally with some major Tier 1 ISPs like Tata and Airtel. You can traceroute to find it out. Most of us will see static.vsnl or nsg.airtel somewhere.

And this is why the local ISPs force you to do speed test on their servers only as they don't have peering with others. So a good ISP will have the same ping to all the servers in a particular location. But that is not the case in most of the ISPs. You can get 1ms on your server but 100 on Airtel server at the same location due to this.

Airtel says that local vendor who has to install in not cooperating with them. Then why the hell did they took my booking. Can anyone guide how to proceed. I have registered a complaint with airtel but the guy who booked my airtel xtrene connection is doing nothing

@DaRkLoRdB2 so that guy will do the booking first and then the installation will happen in next 7 days. What is the mode of payment? And is it safe to pay to them before installation? And how long does it really takes to get the connection running?

@Ayu How did your booking happen? Did you pay in advance? And how long has it been?

Airtel says that local vendor who has to install in not cooperating with them. Then why the hell did they took my booking. Can anyone guide how to proceed. I have registered a complaint with airtel but the guy who booked my airtel xtrene connection is doing nothing
hmm.. how long has it been since you paid him the booking money?

@DaRkLoRdB2 so that guy will do the booking first and then the installation will happen in next 7 days. What is the mode of payment? And is it safe to pay to them before installation? And how long does it really takes to get the connection running?
Yes it's fine.. first they will do booking then within 7 days installation and activation will be done. You have to pay the booking money online at the time of booking itself.

If your upstream is with Tata or Airtel directly then you will have better routing to servers at different locations since they have better connectivity through India and also most of the ISPs use their infrastructure. For example we should get 65-70ms ping time on Singapore servers from Patna but due to lack of direct peering of local ISPs we get more because their peering exchange happens somewhere else like Delhi or Mumbai so the routing path is not direct. They take their bandwidth from some other ISPs who have tie ups with other ones. And finally with some major Tier 1 ISPs like Tata and Airtel. You can traceroute to find it out. Most of us will see static.vsnl or nsg.airtel somewhere.
TCL airtel only provide bandwidth any big or good isp just buys bandwidth from them n they buy peering from ix or diex then they mix it n provide plans to customers all isps do that even airtel jio tata broadband does that.. ther are few isp n who sells peering to other isps but buying peering direct from exhchange is cheap n from other isps is costly.. ping on servers depends on nic card n which type of port they have lan port of sfp port..who told u that u shud get always 65-70 ms ping on singapore.. everywere there is there nib route on which it depends.. isps have bunch of their paths.. u will always get best ping from mumbai.chennai ..closer u r better latency.. peering exchange r only in mumbai.delhi.chennai.kolkata not anywere else only at these lcoations ix n diex has setup their exchange.. and ping depends on various network structure..max isps bind there ips.. if speedtest matters that much still india's largest broadband provider bsnl doesn't has one.. speedtest depends on nic cards /brands,port sfp or lan,capacity n etc..

Back