Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

4 days and counting. Still my Airtel broadband is down. Yesterday a dumb technician came twice. First time to switch off-switch on the ONT to fix the issue, next time with a just power meter to check the power in the fiber cable. :mad: Then he told that someone else would come to fix it, but no one has come yet.

@mister - I have not recharged Airnet for now after taking Airtel broadband hoping that Airtel will not go down ever. But alas!

@hackki pls check PM.

UPDATE: The technician came back half an hour ago and fixed it. There was a fiber cut in the nearby locality he told. He told that they were on 2 days leave due to Dussehra, hence the delay. Whereas Airtel customer care was saying something else, that there is a mass disruption due to fiber cut somewhere upstream and hence I should wait more.

Finally. glad it got fixed for you bro.. the fiber cut and the mass disruption doesn't sound me right.. did you tell him that other users in the same area have no issues ? I think may be only your fiber wire was cut :/

did you tell him that other users in the same area have no issues ? I think may be only your fiber wire was cut :/
Yeah most probably it was just me. I suspect that local broadband operators feel threatened from the arrival of Airtel/Jio so they also might resort to such activities(of disrupting airtel/jio connections). And yes I told them and also to Nodal/Appellate authorities of UP East about this, but I think they are not responsive and most of the time you will get automated replies from them.

@imdarkray Here you go:

ping1.png
ping2.png

@DaRkLoRdB2 I contacted the guy whose number you had posted.
He already know my address, but to be double sure, I also sent the whatsapp geo location and full address.
I have opted for 200Mbps 6 month plan. He said he would send a guy tomorrow. Lets c.

About landline, he said they dont provide that. But after asking about the landline number, he said that would be given.
And last n final and the most important part, I asked him if any issue happens with the connection whom should I contact, he said you can call 121 or him too. I am just happy that I wont have to deal with stupid LCOs and MSP guys.

Always check speed and ping on different servers. They will force you to do speedtest on their servers and you will get 1-2 ms on it. Check their peering. If they have peering with TATA or Airtel then it will be good otherwise you will always face ping and speed issues.
who told u peering is offer from tata or airtel.. ill bandwidth n peering r both different things.. airtel tata voda just give mux port for peering u have peering xchange n they are located in 4 regions in india with tie ups with various partners

Back