Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

Right. let's see.. time will tell.
I think I have an answer to this now.

My internet is down from yesterday morning. Lodged a complaint immediately. Then received a message from Airtel that entire area is affected and then at 8pm got the resolution sms. But even after that, my connection is down.

Calling customer care was of no help, they are saying they will take 48hrs. In Gurgaon, they promised a 4hrs resolution!! And in my over an year of connection period in Gurgaon, it never went down in the first place.

Weird.. It was fine for me yesterday as I'm too from kbagh.. rather it has never went down for me since a month of using it...Is it still down for you? did you complain to LCO?

Yeah. It is still down for me. Even LOS light is not blinking red (I switched back to the Nokia ONT and I think it doesn't have a LOS red led, rather a Link green led which doesn't glow when there is LOS). Wonder what's the issue.

Since morning I have called Airtel customer 4 times and got the same lame responses - "please wait saar". Last call I asked to escalate the matter and transfer the call to his supervisor. Supervisor told that within 8hrs I will get an update on the issue.

Will update here once there is any resolution.

Last edited:
Do you guys know if they have started Beur, Anisabad area? My current Railwire/Bsnl LCO provides Airtel connection in Police Colony but they are saying it's not available here at my location. Also are they directly providing connection or using Local providers? Dealing with local providers is a real pain in a&&.

Yeah. It is still down for me. Even LOS light is not blinking red (I switched back to the Nokia ONT and I think it doesn't have a LOS red led, rather a Link green led which doesn't glow when there is LOS). Wonder what's the issue.

Since morning I have called Airtel customer 4 times and got the same lame responses - "please wait saar". Last call I asked to escalate the matter and transfer the call to his supervisor. Supervisor told that within 8hrs I will get an update on the issue.

Will update here once there is any resolution.
No call will come. Write an email to [email protected] They may help. Also have you tried help on Airtel thanks app.

imdarkray
The connection is in Anisabad area but Beur is little bit far. Talk to a siti cable guy. Pay only when he assures it otherwise big no. Refund takes very long.

@mister yeah. That's what I am saying. I just got Railwire connection here on 1st Oct. The LCO is from Police colony. They also provide Siti, Bsnl and Airtel connection. They gave me Railwire/Bsnl option, but also said BSNL is having some issues. About Airtel they said, their line is still not ON here. I paid 2500rs. Just for this Railwire installation (he said he had to lay 600m cable just for me) even when I had my own ONU and router.

Before this, my connection was from Harnichak distributor. The isp was Instanet (Shikhar broadband) and before that Siti.

I am not happy with these local operators. They behave rudely for no reason if we complaint about any issue. They have no technician sense of what is Ping/latency and how bad this affect the experience.

Just before yesterday, my current Railwire local operator called me on phone and started shouting saying why do you complaint so much, why do you send emails to higher authorities. Now he is asking 200rs. For every visit. I have a 100mbps connection but he has some cable/equipment which only supports 100mbps and hence I never get what I am paying for, always less than 94mbps (in the best situation). And other current issues with Railwire is very well known to everyone. Still he was talking to me like he is paying me to have his connection. I just want to never ever deal with these morons.

@imdarkray
Oh man! I feel you. I changed from gtpl to Airtel just for getting less latency and I am getting 20ms more. Games are now lagging comparatively. Good thing is at any time speed is never less than 40mbps.
If you wanna change when your plan is over, you can give try to Quantum broadband. I haven’t tried but review is one of the best. If ping issue is not fixed by Airtel until my plan expires, I will give it a try.
Today I have written them via email. Let’s see how it goes.
Yes, here technicians don’t know abt ping and packets loss. Well this is the perk of living in Patna ;).
Have you ever tried to look on electric poles. They have been occupied by all network cables and wiring is bad bad. There are so much wires it seems every home has its own fiber to direct isp.

Back