Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

@mister I have already wasted a lot of money on this installation and all. I have changed 5 ISPs till now in this WFH situation. There is a local provider SmartInternet in Anisabad/Harnichak area. Those boys are thieves. I had their wireless connection last year. And it stopped working just after a 760rs. recharge but they never came to fix it. They have my 2.5k security deposit which they are still not paying. Not picking my calls, not replying to my msgs.

Even this Quantum broadband people will ask me good money because my home is quite inside the outer colony here. No fiber here around 500-600ms other than two providers who they gave me the connection and both took around 2.5-3k just for installation.

I only go with Airtel or any other ISP if they provide direct connection and promise me no local middle-men will be there.

For now, My Railwire is fine for my office work usage and streaming because I am only paying total 755rs. for 100mbps connection (20% Railways employee discount). Yeah, the speed varies but the experience is not that bad comparing the local ISPs I had earlier.

@imdarkray Try Airnet if you are okay with speeds 10-15mbps as their latency is very good and near ~10-20ms for me. They provide a antenna based connection in my area and thus may be available in your area too.

what is your location and what is their plan? I might keep them as a backup if it's not costly.
I am in Kankarbagh. But I know that they provide their services in Anisabad area too. They are a bit costly as it is wireless. But what is good is this is the only ISP that clearly says what is the peering speed and actual bandwidth. Peering speeds are speeds with commonly used servers like that of Youtube, Prime, Netflix etc.

650 for 4mbps actual bandwidth, 10mbps+ peering speed. (You will get ~10mbps on speedtest and it works ok for video meetings etc.)
850 for 8mbps actual bandwidth, 10mbps+ peering speed
1000 for 10mbps

There are higher speed plans also, but don't for those as speeds over wireless will rarely reach that.

Last edited:
Always check speed and ping on different servers. They will force you to do speedtest on their servers and you will get 1-2 ms on it. Check their peering. If they have peering with TATA or Airtel then it will be good otherwise you will always face ping and speed issues.

@Marvellun Yes. They will demonstrate speeds and pings with their own network destination in the Ookla speedtest. Airnet has peering with Airtel and I have tried the speeds and pings on multiple servers. It still remains <50ms for distant servers in India.

Can anybody share contact number of airtel guy to contact for installation of airtel xtreme fibre here. They say they are going to come but nobody has shown up. Whom to contact for installation?

Back