Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

My lco said that they are taking Airtel franchise ie airtel broadband. Any idea how much time they take for wiring fibre and all stuff. I am from Danapur cantt patna

@DaRkLoRdB2 Thank you. Can you also tell me about the Airtel billing pattern in Patna? it seems kind of Prepaid, not postpaid. also, I got to know from their TnC that it's necessary to pay the advance amount before the start of the billing cycle else the number of validity days will lapse. What if I do not recharge for 2-3 months?

Currently I'm on ARP plan ( 799,3M then changed to 40mbps, with increased validity) which will expire next month. So I can't say about skipping recharge months (which I also don't plan to). But Afaik, it is based on prepaid system here in Patna (it is what the lco also told me) and is also proved from the extra validity which I got on changing the plan ( else on postpaid system it would be adjusted as ₹₹₹ in next bill ) .

@DaRkLoRdB2 Did you mean- you changed your plan speed before the expiry of your 3 months of ARP and they compensated the advance paid amount by increasing the validity of the plan? Can we do that because, in their TnC, I read that they do not allow change of plans in ARP?

Yeah me too I had the 799 (3 month advance rental) plan. After 20 days of installation I changed my plan to 499 through their app, they deducted the money for those 20 days and credited the rest of money into my broadband account. Then at the end of the month when the bill was generated for this last month they deducted the money for the remaining 10 days use of 499 plan. I am from Delhi region. here their plans are postpaid I think.

@terminator881 postpaid is fine. I also had Airtel v-fiber postpaid in Bangalore and they had a similar arrangement. Even I changed the plan after 10 days of installation and took benefit of the offers which came with the 999rs. premium plan in Bangalore.
In Bihar, Somebody in this thread only said Airtel is kind of prepaid and following Advance billing system and according to the TnC HERE, if you see they say-
Delay in recharging post 30 day period will reduce the days of service for the customer. For eg – customer who is on a 1-30 bill cycle, post expiry recharges on 15th of the month. In such a case customer will be able to use services from 15th to 30th of the month. Customer must recharge on 1st of the month to ensure full 30 day service.

^This doesn't make any sense to me. and hence I questioned- what if I do not recharge for 2-3 months and do not use the service. Will they ask me to pay the bill even when they stop the service themselves?

Back