Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

Mine is also still not working and the internet led indicator on modem is blinking continuously

It's fixed for me.. was server issue Ig

My connection has been acting weird in the past 2 weeks. PON is ON but the internet keeps going. Frequent call drops during Hangouts/Skype etc.

@imdarkray it is happening on both wifi and ethernet. It is starting to get frustrating.

I am planning to switch to Jio Fiber. Anyone here who has used both Airtel and Jio and can advise on the same that which one is better, has better uptime and less latency?

@hackki here is the ping for Jio Patna. Someone had sent me this last week. I am not personally using it.

140298187-151946006568952-3715082045339465721-n.jpg

Last edited:
I am planning to switch to Jio Fiber. Anyone here who has used both Airtel and Jio and can advise on the same that which one is better, has better uptime and less latency?
You need to go down to your Area members to get the correct feedback. The Service for both Airtel and Jio varies from area to area forget about the City. I am happy with Jio for the past two years and had just one downtime when the wire broke. Airtel has also been good with the uptime but i would rather rate them a notch below Jio as i had 2 downtimes in a month of installing. Maybe a coincedence that some kind of Upgradation was going on.

The only two area's where Airtel shines ove Jio for me is the Customer Service, Service TAT and Allocated Bandwith. Howevere, Customer Service issue ceases to exist if the infrastructure is good and you don't get much chances to connect with them.

Airtel isn't a miser unlike Jio. You get can approx 20% additional bandwith on top of your allocated bandwith that easily takes care of any TCP overahead losses. While in Jio forget about the compensation for TCP overhead, you need to bear that and that would account for around 5-6% on your allocated bandwith.

For Latency/Pings, IMO, Jio is better than Airtel. It simply boils down to the quality of Infrastructure that is implemented across the city and the area being serviced. It might be a total opposite in Metros but I have very closely compared Jio and airtel over the last 2 years and Jio always had lower pings. Both the operators have direct to home service with their own infrastructure with no LCO support. Jio is on the left and Airtel on the right

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 8.46.18 AM.webpScreenshot 2021-02-05 at 8.47.42 AM.webp

Last edited:

Back