Andra Pradesh bans online movie ticket booking?

• Thread starter Thread starter netant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 5,191

netant

۩ ŚŧäГЏЅ ΞПЖ
ISP
been a while went to any moves, finally managed to get some free time & was planing to go to move this weekend.
when i opened bookmyshow al cinemas under Hyderabad has been removed, Inox also denied to book online and so as PVR & big-cinemas.
Afater a little google i came to find out :-
AP Govt bans online movie tickets........... yes thats right these political bastards now openly doing what they want.
from may 2011, Andra Pradesh Government has blocked online portals from issuing online movie tickets. But what is surprising is that the restriction only seems to affect only tickets for Multiplexes. For normal theaters tickets can be book via a retarded semi-govt looking websites which force you to install they ActiveX, Java and what not.

PVR & INOX denied phone booking too, so if anyone want to see a movie now he has to go to the box office and buy tickets (1day wasted) and again to go to see movie (2nd day wasted) ..... we teleported to year 1972 or what ? :blink2:

Source:-
Google
Ban on online movie ticketing in A.P? - Movie News
Welcome to Superhit
Ap Govt bans Online Movie Ticket booking | Tollywood movie songs reviews gossips trailers videos

I'm speechless today as to what most ISP's did by blocking sites & secondly what the Indian Government ultimately wants to achieve.

I'm speechless today as to what most ISP's did by blocking sites & secondly what the Indian Government ultimately wants to achieve.
there are more ways to bypass the ISP censorship . but the "second" thing is what we should serious;y think about.
Days are not far that the Govt. may put ban on red underwear saying against Indian culture (remember Hollywood superheros)

This is completely sad and depressing news. Why are they doing this though?

Film Industry is very powerful, similar to builder mafia, lot of politicians fund movies, they are not happy with multiplexes under showing the revenues, rumours are that the Government (in consultation with AP Film chamber) has allotted the rights of online film ticket sales to a single agency so that they could effectively track the number of tickets sold and at what prices.

the reason has been not disclosed by their officials, it is said that Government authorities has forced them for a ban.
tried searching in newspaper, but no traces of this ban .. only local websites posted this news.

----------

Film Industry is very powerful, similar to builder mafia, lot of politicians fund movies, they are not happy with multiplexes under showing the revenues, rumours are that the Government (in consultation with AP Film chamber) has allotted the rights of online film ticket sales to a single agency so that they could effectively track the number of tickets sold and at what prices.
is it anyhow related to entertainment tax..... the multiplex owners were raising an issues some time back ?
after railway tickets now agents will make lot of money in movie tickets :) source of employment by blacking tickets

This has been the case for sometime... I remember it had something to with the Govt. expecting its share of entertainment tax.. something related to the money... As per the govt non of the online portals have a license to sell tickets in A.P.Easymovies was the only Licensed party... Though Bookmyshow does have tickets for prasad and few other theatres.........

there are more ways to bypass the ISP censorship . but the "second" thing is what we should serious;y think about.
Days are not far that the Govt. may put ban on red underwear saying against Indian culture (remember Hollywood superheros)

I know their are a few ways to bypass censorship, but is this what I'm paying for ? They restrict me to a few GB's of bandwidth data. Every second month I have to fight with their agents for raising my FUP. Ultimately it's all fair with ISP's & not with me or everyone else. I mean why I have to do all this if I'm paying a heavy amount for 1st Generation services which has hardly progressed in all these years.

Underwear ban might even come into existence ? Who knows ? Anything is possible under the rule of UPA & MMS. What's the logic behind not booking tickets ? Possibly more money . . More Black Money.

Back