Andra Pradesh bans online movie ticket booking?

• Thread starter Thread starter netant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 5,191
No licence to book my show
wow.. great fighting for Rs.6/-
its just a eye wah for mango-man & finding way to loot

----------

under the rule of UPA & MMS. What's the logic behind not booking tickets ? Possibly more money . . More Black Money.
MMS nahi SMS bol :)

----------

Bookmyshow does have tickets for prasad.........
tried.. will say regret in next step of booking.

No licence to book my show

If they want to limit service charges to Rs 6, let there be a govt agency managing the booking with the service charge at Rs 6

And, instead of banning all others, tell them to display a notice on thier site that booking can be done through the govt site at Rs 6, so that people cannot say that they have been overcharged.

That way, those who dont want to deal with govt agencies dont need to

i am sort of surprised. online booking makes these services accountable. i mean if a theater is offering online bookings, they need to have a proper ERP channel connecting their own box office and the online booking sites. so every ticket sold is recorded. whereas, on the ticket counter, a theater owner can easily sell tickets in black without recording it into their records. :|

As Netant mentioned its an eye-wash... they even came up with a court order (pretty old one) that doesn't allow online ticket sales.....

i am sort of surprised. online booking makes these services accountable.

i mean if a theater is offering online bookings, they need to have a proper ERP channel connecting their own box office and the online booking sites.

so every ticket sold is recorded.

whereas, on the ticket counter, a theater owner can easily sell tickets in black without recording it into their records. :|
If everything is recorded, the local collection guys wont get a chance to make their bribe would they?

i thought it was bad when PVR removed their theaters from Book My Show. i hate PVR's own system of online ticket booking.

i thought it was bad when PVR removed their theaters from Book My Show. i hate PVR's own system of online ticket booking.
The "swipe card on kiosk to collect tickets" system is pretty nice though, instead of standing in a line

heh. i use it all the freaking time. but it does not work all the freaking time. it does not accept my credit card for booking tickets on the spot. i have tried a couple of times. it does work for tickets that are booked online. just swipe the card and you get your tickets. nowadays, i just use it to see the available seats in the show i am planning to watch. so that i can straightaway ask for the specific seats saving me time at the ticket counter. give me h5 please. here is the money. works fine.

govt trying to support piracy :D my rep for flawless increased now :P

----------

The "swipe card on kiosk to collect tickets" system is pretty nice though, instead of standing in a line
not found those yet in any of the cinemas,
the kiosks here are you need to key-in the booking number & it prints your tickets. thats it.

Back