Do you prefer ACT fibernet if you are not able to do your work

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol i am not working with ACT and i don't know how they work. But i just shared the views of other users too you. I know how you feel, as i had similar problems with BSNL.Try posting the query in FB page or mail them repeatedly..i live in OMR and they are not active in OMR so couldn't see the reality.

Try contacting them via this Customer Care

Or tweet them at https://twitter.com/actfibernet

Last edited:
I’m a user of FRAUD ACT Broadband, Chennai. But once you get a FRAUD ACT Broadband connection......FRAUD ACT Broadband sucks ..... disconnection in the FRAUD ACT Broadband line....My FRAUD ACT Broadband user name...the customer care people are totally waste; they got one computer and a chair to sit on it. I asked them to shift the FRAUD ACT Broadband connection. I contacted them nearly 20 days back, but still they dig the caves all over the Chennai. I never knew that they are fully involved in Chennai flood relief activities due to the heavy rain to save Chennai people.

If you post a rant like this, no one will take you seriously. You lose all credibility when you resort to childish name calling.

ACT is notorious for having a more than proactive customer signup team and failing to deliver the connection in the stipulated time period. Their customer care absolutely sucks unless you have a dedicated in-house team which is the case for corporate houses and apartment complexes.

If you approach them in the normal way, you will be stuck with the usual canned response. Your best bet is to have a chat with the nodal officer in your area and hope they escalate it.

Hi,
Im from chennai/santhoshpuram/adhinath avenue, I have connectivity issue for last 13 days, my complaint #0006692487. Still the issues not attended. Very poor customer care service. 99% we could not contact them. I tried local technicians number for last two days, but even a single time they didn't attend my call or didnt reply to my multiple messages.
I face this junction box issue (no connectivity due to junction box issue) every month, but there is no permanent solution.

I had a ACT broadband connection in 2013. after the service period is over, ACT continued providing connection without renewal or disconnecting. inspite of me calling several times to disconnect or renew. the charges where double the time.After this in 2015 aug, ACT personnel accepted it was a mistake and accepted for a waiver of 2013 excess billing and got a cheque for new connection for 6m +1m free.now in dec 2015 . just 03 months after paying the connection, i get a mail saying i had requested for a change in plan and i have been registered in a new plan and there is abill for a period from dec 2015 to june 2015 and a bill is sent to me.
when i called ACT they have detected the 2013 bill and have taken it from this new paymnt without any information.
now again from dec 01 to dec 15 they are providing service and agian charge me for this tooo.THIS IS LOOTING THE PUBLIC.
IF THE CONNECTION PERIOD IS OVER , THEY SHOULD INFORM AND JUST DISCONNECT THE CONNECTION. ACT INSPITE OF ASKING FOR DISCONNECTION PROVIDES SERVICE AND CHARGES EXORBIDANTLY TO LOOT PEOPLE.THIS IS RIDICULOUS.I HAVE LOST MORE THAN 6000 RUPEES AND ALSO UNDERGONE LOTTA STRESS. THE PHONE CALLLS TO CUSTOMER CARE ITSELF WOULD HAVE COSTED 1000 RUPEES. THESE PEOPLE ARE LOOTING THE PUBLIC.

@aru - The server upgrade is a classic excuse. Their tech guy made the exact same excuse to me in November 2015!

I've posted the same grievance with ACT without any resolution - their team has not bothered to call back. Would you want to join in for a case with the consumer court, it'd be strengthened if multiple customers come together to post this.

^ When they sent me logs of data usage, I've seen data transfer on days even when my pc was shut down. .that too with my ip address. So I asked them to show what websites I supposedly visited but then they declined to show them saying they need a DoT order to do so (Yes, they are correct). So I just left it at that.

Dexter - Your IP address is dynamically assigned by the ISP so it may not mean anything at all.

I nailed down their tech team seeking the MAC address of the device that consumed that data. The MAC address alone can prove that it was your router and not another device that consumed the data.

Here's the funny part. He instantly told me that they've done a server upgrade so they don't have MAC address for November but that there will be no problem moving forward (implying it was a server issue). I mistakenly proceeded to tell him that I had the same issue in October and he tells me that MAC address is not available for October as well but that it's available for September and prior (when I had no issues)!

When I persisted, he said he'll need his manager's approval to get this data and he'll come back to me after speaking to them. Never happened, of course.

If they're not resolving this, I can take them to consumer court. I personally know an ACT customer in Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore who also had the same issue in November. Are you guys willing to join in for a consumer court case; it'll be strengthened by multiple petitions?

I've not been getting the full 100Mbps speed despite filling multiple complaints. I've not been getting full speeds for about 3-4 months overall, had even downgraded to a 50Mbps plan in between coz I anyways wasn't getting the full speed.
*I finally found out that the main problem was because the CX unit in my building has a switch which is only 100Mbps capable only and have had a h/w limitation of 100Mbps theoretically and would ideally not cross 95Mbps practically !
*This is assuming that no one else is using the connection. The simple solution is to upgrade that switch but these lousy people aren't doing that, they're acting like a bureaucratic company, passing the blame from one department to another. The most recent complaint was filled on 1st Dec and it's pending for over 18 days now without a solution !

I've booked for new fibernet connection on 24/DEC/2015. Customer ID : 1353430. Till now no one has turned up. The sales guy who collected money from me got obsconded. He is not picking my call. If I call him from new number he is picking and speaks as if he doesn't know me.Beware of this guy and dnt give money to this guy. His mobile number is +91-9087723232.I referred my neighbour as well and both of us were struggling now as our money is with ACT and they are giving an arrogant response. I called customer care and they are trained very well to provide false promises. No one is responding me and not able to get the connection or the refund. Planning to file a case at consumer court.

Back