Blue Dart News, Updates and User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 296
  • Views Views 108,200
wdgpyMN.png

Here is what I have realised with respect to courier companies.,

All of them are equally good or equally bad (Depending on how you look at it)

We, as consumers make judgements based on our experiences, and have every right to.

However, if these problems are analysed from the perspective of courier companies :-
  • They have certain service areas that they concentrate on. (If you live in one of these areas, you will likely receive your packages faster than what is advertised)
  • They set targets based on percentages(Number of packages delivered in promised time frame, usually targeted in the 90-95% range). If your package is not meeting a certain target, or is to be delivered in a locality where business is slow for the courier company, you can expect bad service as your package not being delivered no longer affects their internal targets and has no direct short term ramifications.
In essence, if you live in an area that the logistics company takes seriously, you will have an above average experience. If not, hope for the best and expect slight delays

These observations are strictly personal, and are based on my own experience; having lived in various places across the globe.

^^ let me correct you, courier companies have a coverage chart available in backend, and based on it they accept packages from
their regular suppliers, which in these cases are Online Stores. They would not be assigned for deliveries to pincodes not covered
which mean places not known to their guys are simply ignored.

They try to solve the delivery on priority but whats going adverse is the BURST traffic, they cannot ask a delivery guy who's working on
4-5K salary to do 2 trips in a day, cause finishing one trip needs 8 approx hours, and by that time its evening, they cannot knock doors at late hours.

What can change this would be they backend of all such sites gives an option to buyer "would you be comfortable with delivery between
8PM and 11:59PM ? customers who opt for it, can get packages in 2nd round of delivery for the given dates, by the 2nd shift guys, but that needs more funds to be spent for what ? will such online store compensate for the salary and expenses of the 2nd shift ?

In my small city flipkart's Own logistic EKART employ's 50+ guys, cause they are very aggressive about the shipping timelines
and they don't do other commercial deliveries so entire teams efficiency is for their own sold products.
I am sure the expensive brains who designed ekart already had visions about limiting factors at 3rd party logistic partners.
and thats the reason, flipkart was able to deliver a Pendrive to me in under 40 hours when I am not in Metro City.
Ordered past midnight a day back and delivered before 5PM today, so thats the exclusive effect flipkart is growing due to ekart handling the packages precisely.

Coming back to topic, companies like bluedart, delivery, fedex, firstflight etc never knew what they would be forced to handle during special and festive days, and thats what souring your sweet online shopping experience.
And in end, Don't know which college were the managers from who brought Indian Post Speed Post in E-commerce Queue ?

Back