Breaking News - TATA SKY+ HD Booking Open. Booked My Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter crisp_tod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 26,071
Okay ...Tata Sky team seems to have changed some things from the backend. Now all three HD channels have 5.1 sound coming (till day before yesterday only Nat Geo was on 5.1)

My current wiring is as below
HDMI1 - Between my LCD TV and TATA Sky HD Plus DTH
HDMI2 - Between my LCD TV and Home Theater System
Coaxial Cable - Between Tata Sky Plus HD DTH and Home Theater for 5.1 surround sound system.

To check you are getting 5.1 sound or not ...do a simple thing ...
1) Mute the volume on TV
2) Select aux in on the home theater (now you can hear the tv volume through home theater)
3) Keep reducing the volume on set top box to zxero (dont press the mute button on set top box - just reduce it to zero) - you will still be getting 5.1 output from home theater right now because of coaxial cable.

The sound from coaxial cable is coming for all 3 channels right now for me - Star TV HD, Nat Geo , Discovery HD.

Please let me know if i am correct ...or if something is wrong :)

I got my Tata Sky+ HD installed yesterday (I'm in Bangalore). Coming from DishTV, the picture quality is just amazing..even for SD channels. I'll be adding the HD channel pack today to check out the HD channels. The channel guide and menus are just amazing, someone has really been paying attention to how to design a good UI for customer interaction. One cool thing is that you can record the shows also by logging into My Tata Sky -> Record and select the channel and program. Amazing stuff :) Let me know if you guys need any more details.-Anshul

I booked my Tata Sky Plus HD box last night ( I am a existing Tata sky plus user) when can I expect the installation to be done. The CC said that it will be done within 48 hrs but do they deliver on time?

I booked my Tata Sky Plus HD box last night ( I am a existing Tata sky plus user) when can I expect the installation to be done. The CC said that it will be done within 48 hrs but do they deliver on time?
It will take lesser time for you as the wiring for both the cables is already done for you.
Its just changing of box.

Otherwise too ..TATA Sky is good in this respect ..it will be done within 48 hours max

i dont have credit card :( .. i have only debit card.. help me

You can pay using the credit card of any of your friends/relatives. I booked TS HD+ box for my friend using my credit card.

-Ravi

Woohoo! Got TS+ HD installed today :) Very very happy with it :) I am able to watch 4 channels in HD and others in better clarity than normal and I honestly dont care about everything else :)

Price is too high!!! I can wait. By that time, we will add more HD channes, less prices for STB and packages, less prices of LED/LCD TVs. - 3 benefits!

I booked on 11th at 3PM. I got a call on 12th morning saying that it will be installed that evening. Nobody showed up. I have been following up since then twice everyday. I escalated the matter, gave complaints but I am not getting any response other than we have sent your information to field and they will get in touch within 24 hours. It's been 3 days. Did any one book recently after 11th in Bangalore and got the delivery? I paid up with credit card. Their Service sucks big time. I am not sure what to do at this point as they are not telling me what's going on.

Back