Breaking News - TATA SKY+ HD Booking Open. Booked My Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter crisp_tod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 26,071
I booked on 11th at 3PM. I got a call on 12th morning saying that it will be installed that evening. Nobody showed up. I have been following up since then twice everyday. I escalated the matter, gave complaints but I am not getting any response other than we have sent your information to field and they will get in touch within 24 hours. It's been 3 days.
Did any one book recently after 11th in Bangalore and got the delivery? I paid up with credit card.
Their Service sucks big time. I am not sure what to do at this point as they are not telling me what's going on.

Hey, I booked it on 13th and it was installed on 15th, I have the number of the guys who installed it for me, you might wanna check with them. pm me if you need the number.

@others: I am having trouble getting my hd pack activated, sales team said its free, the installation team said its free, but now has backed out saying its not free. And Even the call center saying the same thing, that i need to buy it. any one here has a suggestion on getting it activated?

UPDATE: Activated, just needed a bit of pushing them. Hope they haven't activated in way to charge my account :P

I have annual mega pack ...so it was included in that.But I dont think its free otherwise . It costs 30 bucks a month.

I booked on 11th at 3PM. I got a call on 12th morning saying that it will be installed that evening. Nobody showed up. I have been following up since then twice everyday. I escalated the matter, gave complaints but I am not getting any response other than we have sent your information to field and they will get in touch within 24 hours. It's been 3 days.
Did any one book recently after 11th in Bangalore and got the delivery? I paid up with credit card.
Their Service sucks big time. I am not sure what to do at this point as they are not telling me what's going on.
Hi,
I booked it on 13 th and got it on 16th....make sure you are following up with those ppl aggresively and you should even blast them saying you will consider other dth operators.Thats the only way I guess.I lost my cool with one guy on 16th and told him to take his Tata Sky connection and get out and guess what bingo 10 mins get a call saying a technician is coming to your house....being soft with these guys get you nowhere...

^^ being soft works if you persist, I was calling them every 3-4 hours, always keeping my words and tone gentle, so that worked too! Well, there might be some deaf ears too, where you would need to knock really hard!

well quite frankly ppl on Tata Sky are lose their cool with the cc....the cc are so inept when it comes to a certain issue....anyways we have one person who spoke softly and got his work done which is an achievement with ts cc...But i will bet one day you will lose it with cc too....

CC guys being inept, I agree, they trying to put off things I agree again :) hoping the day of my anger never arrives :P I am just a bit too nasty with my words.On a side note, yesterday when I needed to get my HD Pack activated, they tried to do away saying they have arranged for a call back. But I just repeated that it was supposed to be offered for free and should be activated. The person said, please hold and came back in 2 minutes with the response that it was done.

I booked the STB on the morning of 15th over the call center. I got a call within 10 minutes from the Pune center informing that the STB may be delivered by evening. But no updates after that. I called up on 16th to find out the status, only to find that there was no update. By evening, the phone was switched off.

I called up the call center on the morning of 17th and asked for an update. As expected, there was no update and lots of excuses. I had a long chat, half an hour, a lot of scolding. An engineer called within 15 minutes saying that he is starting to my place with the STB. He did arrive in half an hour and did his job.

TS could have done this without annoying me. But......

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

^^ being soft works if you persist, I was calling them every 3-4 hours, always keeping my words and tone gentle, so that worked too! Well, there might be some deaf ears too, where you would need to knock really hard!

I was gentle to start with. But when the list of excuses grew, I started talking the way they understand.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Price is too high!!! I can wait. By that time, we will add more HD channes, less prices for STB and packages, less prices of LED/LCD TVs. - 3 benefits!

Price of TS+ HD STB may go up, better book now.

I have annual mega pack ...so it was included in that.

But I dont think its free otherwise . It costs 30 bucks a month.

I was told that HD Gold pack will be provided free by the person who installed the box. But later found out that it is not free. BTW the price of the HD Gold pack is increased from 30 to 50 rs/month

-Ravi

i hate that they increased the HD gold pack price.whats the point if you pay for both sd and hd channels?u bought HD stb for hd only . why pay so much extra. imagine them adding 5 more channels and demanding 100rs.:madness:

I made my booking on Tuesday.. Then was promised installation on thursday, then friday afternoon, then friday evening, then saturday morning, then afternoon and then 5pm.. and as you can guess.. absolutely no response.. that to after calling 6 "supervisors".. Any help guys? :(

Back