Breaking News - TATA SKY+ HD Booking Open. Booked My Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter crisp_tod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 26,071
I'm planning 2 buy Tata Sky hd+..I really dont want to use the recording feature but seeing the price difference,il go with HD+..I want to know that is there any extra charge for using the PVR (recording) feature ?

I'm planning 2 buy Tata Sky hd+..
I really dont want to use the recording feature but seeing the price difference,il go with HD+..

I want to know that is there any extra charge for using the PVR (recording) feature ?

No extra charges. U need to subscribe to HD Gold pack Rs 30 Per month that's it.

Got HD+ installed today ...First impressions are excellent. Using 'Pause and record' for the first time and I must say I was impressed. HD performance is also nice.However, I felt that Guide takes a little longer to load when the box is booted and also it is not so easily readable. (I could see the guide from 15 ft + with normal stb but here I find it difficult to read)

Thanks jignesh..I just talked with a local dealer..he is saying he will get the HD+ boxes on tuesday..Lets wait n watch..coz i dont use CC !

I am almost going to book a TS+ HD connection to replace my existing TS+ on Monday!Somebody please tell me if am doing a big mistake....Thank you.

I had a Tata Sky plus which i have upgraded to Tata Sky plus HD yesterday ! :yahoo::yahoo:

I had the coaxial cable (orange cable) provided to me with my Tata Sky plus earlier, which i used yesterday with Tata Sky Plus HD to connect my Set top box and Home Theatre. Surround sound is indeed working (but not for all HD channels)

Few pros and cons are:

Pros:
1) The banners and interface is sleek, sexy and modern cool blue
2) The transition between channels is quite fast from channel +/- button
3) More structured "Plan" and "Guide" control
4) HD channels are working cool - Nat Geo, Discovery HD and Star Plus.
a)Can immediately see the difference between Star Plus normal and HD in both sound and visual.
b) Nat Geo - Not much difference noticed in Audio here.
c) Discovery HD - Surround sound is clearly audible and is awesome
5) Any channel when switched to shows extra information on the screen in the form of progress bar - informing how much of the current episode/program is still left (cute/cool)
6) Favorites increased to more than 40

Cons:
1) Channel number when typed from remote takes a little time as they have made it 4 digits. so when i type 403 for star sports ...it pauses for 1-2 secs and is like 403_ (expecting a 4th digit to be typed) before switching on to the desired channel.
2) The "Plan"button when pressed earlier used to give one wiew - recorded program, to be recorded and series. In the Tata Sky Plus HD - it is split into 3 different views. It is more structured but adds on to more clicks on the remote
3) Program guide earlier used to give one view - it is neatly structured now but adds on to more clicks to get the same task done compared to earlier
4) Because coaxial cable is directly attached to my Home Theatre - the sound control from Tata Sky plus HD is Not working :( for Discovery HD. Sound is awesome but has to be separately controlled from Home Theater remote.

Thats it from me now. Please let me know if you have any doubts or have found a solution to my problem of sound control from home theater.

Back