Bridge mode on Airtel's ZTE F670Lv9.0 ONT is extremely bottlenecked?

• Thread starter Thread starter aryak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,883
ISP
Airtel Xstream
I got access to bridge mode a while back when I got my static IP a while back, and airtel asked me if I wanted to use it (long story short: I got really bad speeds on bridge mode, blamed it on router and asked them to revert it to normal routing mode but they never removed the bridge option lol).

I was recently trying to set up PPPoE dialing through the bridge it gives so that I can get IPv6 access (static ip with airtel doesn't give me ipv6).
Though the PPPoE setup succeeded and I got both v4 and v6, I couldnt get more than around 300 mbps up and 30 mbps down (I get almost 900/900 symmetrical on my main connection directly to the router).

Then, just to make sure the openwrt router i was trying everything with wasnt the issue, I tried setting up the connection on my laptop which yielded basically the same results :(

Is this expected? and/or is there some other remedy I can try to make bridge mode faster

Thanks in Advance!

are two options, software and hardware flow offloading enabled on your openwrt router? these to options are present in network>firewall.
Also check if packet steering is turned on or not.

As I said this happens when PPPoE is dialed from my laptop directly as well (using nm-connection-editor on linux). So this isn't an openwrt issue but seems to be an ONT/Airtel issue. I also get the same almost-gigabit speeds on the same ethernet when bridgemode is disabled so thats not the issue either

Then, just to make sure the openwrt router i was trying everything with wasnt the issue, I tried setting up the connection on my laptop which yielded basically the same results
Was this ethernet connected from the OpenWRT device to the laptop or from the Airtel ONT to the laptop?
Your description sounds like your OpenWRT device is unable to handle the bandwidth, either due to insufficient hardware or misconfigured settings.
If the ethernet was connected from OWRT device to laptop and you got the full bandwidth, it has something to do with the WiFi.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was connected directly from ONT to Laptop. I did the PPPoE dialing directly using nm-connection-editor on linux. Speedtest on all cases was done from my laptop via ethernet as well

Back