Broadband Speed Test

@havoc to be fair @tatyasky did tell me about the 20% discount on the 1 gig plan. I went in for it..wasn't too happy and downgraded to 500 and now to 300.

Heck I even tried Airtel but it didn't deliver 1 gig either. After an outage recently, where I suspect they did a system upgrade, I got a call from Airtel's call centre that confirmed an infra upgrade and tried to convince me to upgrade to 1 Gig again but I declined. Sadly unlike TPBB Airtel doesn't offer 500 Mbps.

upload 4k files to YT daily that's why it will be more beneficial to see seconds on upload page rather than minutes 😅. Also I have mapped Google Drive as my Laptop's drive so I can basically transfer videos to my laptop without any hassle of file sharing or anything else. I just put them on upload on drive via my phone and copy directly from the mounted Google Drive. It's comfortable for me rather than cables.
You are wrong on so many fronts here. Even if you upgrade your speeds to 10gig, you won't see significant improvement in your YT upload speeds. And same goes for Drive as well. You may see this for some clarity.

Source

@tatyasky I'll wait for sometime and then try to get that 20% offer. Also as Janmashtami is near so whenever you see any offer for 1 Gig plan do let us know so that some of us can get that.

@Chip so you weren't able to get 1 Gig? I think in my case they'll deliver it. As their OLT is around 100 Metres from my house (at my friend's house). They have installed a metal cabinet there which is full of OLT's and underground fiber cables.

@mikrotik I've literally watched that video along with eutopia tour 3-4 times already 😂
Yes it's true that we can't hit 1 Gig uploads on YouTube even in India. The connection maxes out at around 500-650 Mbps. Which means 500 Mbps connection would be enough for that. But sadly Airtel doesn't offer 500 Mbps & Tata's 1 Gbps plan is cheaper than Airtel's 1 Gbps. And if taken with @tatyasky 's special Janmashtami offer it is a steal 😁
Although I have no idea is steam able to support 1 Gig while downloading. Anyways I just want to test & use 1 Gbps at my home 🥲

@havoc well, the thing is the key factor I wasn't able to get 1 g so they came over tested it on their laptop et and showed 900+ while I was getting about 500 m even on my desktop forget thru the router which they blamed. They even blamed my cat 6 patch cords. :D while I agree the Asus AC router MAY have been a bottle neck a direct connection to my desktop, a more than decent config, and a PPPoE should not have. So I told them sorry, if I can't get 1 g with my kit I ain't paying up. I had purposely only opted for 1 month and then downgraded when that month was over.

Airtel was a slightly different - I could not get 1 G and no matter how much the tech tried he couldn't either. So another chap advised me to downgrade as the infra was not upto scratch in my residential area. I did just that. Now that they supposedly upgraded I am wondering if I should try again. Anyways, Airtel is my primary connection and TPBB serves as a backup. But unlike TPBB Airtel offers no discounts whatsoever. Zilch..their policy is simple..take it or leave it. And I was reading they don't give retention offers either unlike before.

Sheesh man, I read one of your posts where you said you were 1 year old when this forum was founded. I feel ancient. :ROFLMAO:

@Aashish.007 and what about Epic Games?

@Chip oooo really 🙄
That means tata guys just pull up their laptop and do some speedtests & get Gig speeds and they don't care the customer is getting it or not 🥲

Also in case of Airtel is your city LCO one?

Nah not too ancient 😂
You are a 90's guy right? 🤔

Yes, in essence what they say is that we get 900+ on our laptop so your kit is to blame. :sneaky: No Airtel in my city is direct no LCOs. And nopes again..I am certainly not a '90s guy.. :cool:

@havoc I have reached 800+ on epic when installing gta5.

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet?

SourceOut of context but this is with load balancing multiple instances on airtel 100mbps plan, I could almost x3 my internet speed for free.

My internet -

Source
Soon it'll be upgraded to 400 Mbps 😁

So if i do the load balancing thing on my current plan or upcoming 400 Mbps plan I'll get Gig+ speeds? 😁

How to do that for single connection?

Back