Broadband Speed Test

@igloo from what I saw in Airtel's ONT, I think the WAN gets a /128 and the router's LAN gets a /64 (via their track interface) which can be further delegated to other devices on WiFi or LAN port. You will see a difference in the 4th quartet of the WAN address and 4th quartet on the LAN. Yes and the 4th and remaining quartets can change....dynamic IPv6 + IPv6 privacy extensions. It's difficult to map a device to a particular address for over 24 hours. Besides the v6 address space is enormous that a IP wise port scan is meaningless.

Yes the router's WAN IP is the v6 gateway.

PS - if your ONT is bridged the personal router will also get a separate PD. Remember with Airtel you have 2 connections going at one time.

ipv6 won't work on load balancing, unless you are planning on NATting the ipv6, and using the WAN ipv6 as a virtual interface.
Adding too much complexity for no reason. @igloo

@igloo that's right...on WAN the first 7 are the same the 8th changes hence /128. It's like changing the last 3 digits of a v4 IP...i.e. determines the host on that subnet. Also, what I was trying to point out is they are not the same on WAN and LAN. For LAN the last 5 quartets changes IIRC each time you reboot the router or at a predetermined interval determined by Airtel's DHCP/SLAAC configuration. Ya your TP-Link will get a /64 delegation.

In pfSsense the WAN gets a LL address while the LAN gets a /64. In my TPBB config with a static IPv6, I have 4 quartets as static and remaining dynamically generated by the host i.e. /64.

Promise it to be my last post.
Airtel x3 single PPPoE interface, 40+40+40.
13313491560.png
cc.png

Interface status:
interface wan is online 00h:25m:18s, uptime 02h:08m:36s and tracking is active
interface wan6 is offline and tracking is down
interface wanb is online 00h:11m:53s, uptime 00h:12m:16s and tracking is active
interface wanb6 is offline and tracking is down
interface wanc is online 00h:05m:56s, uptime 00h:06m:14s and tracking is active

Current ipv4 policies:
balanced:
wanc (33%)
wanb (33%)
wan (33%)

lmao

Since we are on the topic of multi pppoe on airtel, was thinking of setting up an airtel sharing group, similar to how there are Netflix sharing threads here. 😀

Back