Broadband Speed Test

I get a constant speed of 32+ kBps on my NU 256 pack, I download 1+GB and upload about the same every night. But the problem is my connection is very wavy, it may just go off anytime now, you never knwo, the Local Network sux bug time

@tushar thats absolutely correct .As i always say, when it works its awesome rest of the time its third class :angry:

Haha u stole my words ;). The main damn problem is that Sify has infrastructure but very low quality infrastructure, every time the engineers come to replace the switch they get another 2nd hand cheap switch which goes off within a few days. But its not their fault coz they never get a new piece from their office. Just a week back I got them to replace all 3 switches in my building with Brand New ones and also Brand New caskets. But yet I'm not pretty sure if the good days will last long ;)

well fluctuating speeds on sify on high speeds pack is a big problem on sify.This happens even if ur LAN is perfectly fine.....the problem is with sify who dont have enough bandwidth in the 256 kbps pool. However u can suck almost constatnt 256 kbps using any download manager with multiple connectionsHowever if u wanna watch streaming video.......forget sify

i use 64kbps 2 months unlimited pack from suck sify here is the test resultLast Result:Download Speed: 24 kbps (3 KB/sec transfer rate)Upload Speed: 46 kbps (5.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Originally posted by chethancj@Sep 9 2005, 06:08 PM
Download Speed: 24 kbps (3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 46 kbps (5.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Well I did a right thing not to choose Sify!
:P

but no ISP in my area other thn sify and BSNL i shud give dwnloads at 2 AM in sify i am dwnloading 400+ MB per day

Back