Broadband Speed Test

MTNL SPEED TEST IS NOT RELIABLE IT SHOWS THAT IAM GETTING 230 kbps WHERE AS I CHECK FEW OTHER SPEED TEST WEB SITE THEY SHOW THAT I GET ONLY 138 kb to 176 kb speed

same goes with airtel. dont use capitals or u will be suspended from posting.

Originally posted by ROCKY_VISHY@Feb 2 2006, 04:30 PM
MTNL SPEED TEST IS NOT RELIABLE IT SHOWS THAT IAM GETTING 230 kbps
WHERE AS I CHECK FEW OTHER SPEED TEST WEB SITE THEY SHOW THAT I GET ONLY 138 kb to 176 kb speed
[snapback]41182[/snapback]
[/quote]

its obvious that MTNL is out to promote its BrdBand and so resorts to such low tactics...
Well, the reliable one for checkin bandwidth is ZdNetIndia at
http://www.zdnetindia.com

Originally posted by ROCKY_VISHY@Feb 2 2006, 04:30 PM
MTNL SPEED TEST IS NOT RELIABLE IT SHOWS THAT IAM GETTING 230 kbps
WHERE AS I CHECK FEW OTHER SPEED TEST WEB SITE THEY SHOW THAT I GET ONLY 138 kb to 176 kb speed
[snapback]41182[/snapback]
[/quote]

their is a simple logic in that. mtnl servers are located in ur neighborhood. that makes them much more closer to american servers. mtnl (and also my isp airtel) would promise speeds from their servers only. so u and me are pretty helpless in this case.

There's actually merit in that because most of the speed issues are at the last mile (connection network between your home and the ISP) only. Generally backbone networks and international gateways have fine connections. I hope MTNL isn't simply cheating by deploying a tweaked app to show us faster speeds.

well. the connectivity between india and the international gateway can have their own bottlenecks.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just download somethin of download.com using the default IE downloader and multiply ur download speeds by 8? I get 30-31KBps during the NU hours but not more than 6-7KBps in the daytime with the IE downloader (around 20-23 with a download manager, but then u can only surf in the daytime and browsing speeds are equivalent to the IE speeds).

Yeah, speeds are a big problem in daytime in DELHI. I get between 40-90 Kbps on my 256 K and 512 K lines.Night is better.If speed is becoming a problem with only 50 K odd customers that also with meagre data limits..dread to imagine wat would happen when and if they decide to provide unltd plans.Wonder wat the problem is..lack of bandwidth or mismanagement of it.

Back