BSNL Broadband night unlimited solution

dexter_darklab

Tick Tick ... BooM
ISP
bsnl 500C
Hi ! Friends, I am user of Bsnl 500C plan and I download loads n loads at nite n still get a continuous sleep. thanks to this Little program I have made, Auto connect Download scheduler ( Coded in AutoIT). This program takes care of all the download hassles like waking your PC from sleep, dialing your BB or rebooting the modem, starting the torrent client and at the end of free hours disconnect the internet or reboot modem, close torrent client and put PC back to sleep.

Since I am continuously working on making it better and better with reviews n suggestions coming in, you can find the latest one here-

Auto-connect Download scheduler PC-Gyaan

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3939/screenhunter01may281650.gif

Note: Always on modem users whose modem reboot doest work can contact me, I will get in touch, make you do little experimenting and based on that I can add code for your modem too.

Note : Its been reported that some antiviruses with heuristics analysis have reported auto-connect as threat. This is just a false positive. You can go ahead and add it as a exception.

Thanks. but i am using dataone quick usage finder from over a year and its working fine with me. but thanks anyways. :irock:

Hey buddy, but I dont find any relation between what Iam trying to say and what you are telling. The software I mentioned isnt for recording usage, it is to automate night time downloads, so that downloads are done uninterrupted during night free hours.:imwink:

The scheduling involves these steps :-

Firstly download auto-connect and also suitable modem reboot module ( in case you have always-On connection. Dial up mode users don't need it).

Note: Windows 7 users who use always ON need to enable telnet on their PC and also, they need to download x64 reboot modules. Refer support page on how to enable telnet.

Run the application and enter the time and date to wake up the PC. At this time, your PC is waken up from sleep ( Hibernation ). This time can be around 2 am. Note : If you are scheduling the download before 12 am, you will need to set date to the next day. In case it is already 12 am, you need not change the date.

Enter the time to connect to internet and enter the connection name, username and password ( as in network connections) in the fields. Always ON users can check the box provided and drag and drop the modem reboot module in the drop box. At the entered time, internet is connected or modem rebooted. This time should be set when night unlimited time have had started ( say 2:03 am).

Drag and drop in the drop box the application you want to run and enter the time to run it. This application is your torrent client. It is to be noted that the applications main executable is to be dropped in the box ( just once, later the address is stored), dragging and dropping the desktop shortcut will not work. Also, you should change your torrent client settings to resume running tasks on startup.

Enter the time to close the application you had run. This should be a few minutes before end of free time.

Enter the time to disconnect from the internet / reboot modem. This should be a few minutes before end of free time.

At the end, enter the time to shutdown.

Once set, just click on the done button and minimize it, it goes to tray. All the timings and settings are stored in an ini file in the directory where auto-connect is stored. So, next time when you run auto-connect, you just need to click on done to set the schedule. Better store it somewhere, other than desktop, and create a shortcut on desktop or pin it to start menu.

In case you prefer not to use application run feature, simply type anything in the application drop box.

caution: Plz test the downloaded modem reboot module if they properly reboot the modem and connect back to internet. Though I have tested them, I advice you exercise caution and verify it.

After scheduling the download, hibernate your PC, leaving the modem ON. Do not turn your PC off, else it wont wake up. To hibernate, after you click turn off button in start menu, press hold the shift key. This makes stand by button turn to hibernate. Hence, press it while holding the shift key.

Also, while torrent client is running, they block PC from hibernating. Hence simply start all the download tasks in them and exit them, while tasks are running. When PC wakes up and starts it, the tasks resumes.

Enjoy !! :dance:

Hey buddy, but I dont find any relation between what Iam trying to say and what you are telling. The software I mentioned isnt for recording usage, it is to automate night time downloads, so that downloads are done uninterrupted during night free hours.:imwink:

my dear friend dataone quick usage finder also connects to the net automatically and disconnect automatically at specified time. :hysterical:

Thats good ... But does it wake your pc from sleep and run an application ? :grin:

----------

And also their ain't any support for always on connections ... You gotta keep your PC on till nite 2 am, no application run task scheduler and no support for always on mode users ...

I appreciate the programmer who made it, its quite handy to know your usage, and I suppose he too used autoIT or script IT to make it, but dataone quick usage isnt complete solution to night time downloads :irock:

today itself i had seen this...nd i wil try it now...thanks alot
Hi ! Friends, I am user of Bsnl 500C plan and I download loads n loads at nite n still get a continuous sleep. thanks to this Little program I have made, Auto connect Download scheduler ( Coded in AutoIT). This program takes care of all the download hassles like waking your PC from sleep, dialing your BB or rebooting the modem, starting the torrent client and at the end of free hours disconnect the internet or reboot modem, close torrent client and put PC back to sleep. Since I am continuously working on making it better and better with reviews n suggestions coming in, you can find the latest one here-

Auto-connect Download scheduler PC-Gyaan

or download this latest one directly- Auto-connect V 2.3 Installer.exe

The only little issue is that it works only for XP. XP users plz try it and lemme know some good reviews.

Note: Always on modem users whose modem reboot module isn't available can contact me, I will get in touch, make you do little experimenting and based on that I can release reboot module for your modem too.[COLOR=\"Silver\"]

----------

[/COLOR]As of now, I have made restart modules for Utstartcom Ut300R2u and Wa3002-G4 models; and Huawei MT 880 and MT882. These can be used along with Auto-connect to reboot modem automatically as scheduled.

----------

thanks alot nd i wil try it now...:cool2:

Appreciate your effort.
But only a single native XP command can help you for all your needs to connect-disconnect and no need of any other tool/software !

Learn and make use of the command: rasdial
It does every thing for me inside a *.bat file that I have written for my needs !

Back