• Thread starter Thread starter SuperK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 6,112
ISP
BSNL FTTH
Hi everyone
I got BSNL Fiber a week ago.

My router temporarily saves settings and reverts back to original settings after reboot. I am unable to change the WLAN password, unable to change it to AES (it's TKIP by default, Windows 10 gives me a notification that this wifi is not secure)
I read some solutions to check for full log files and I request your help as I was stuck in the process.
This is what I see after running the commands.

WBn37Af.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't look filled up with logs, you have free space 🤔

Have you already cleared the logs? Have you then disabled the logging? Then try saving the settings again.

The admin page shows logs are disabled by default and I still clicked on clear records just to be sure. Still the router is reverting back to original settings. A weird thing is I tried to change Firewall from High to Low, plus changed Wifi password. When I rebooted it, wifi password was back to the original but the firewall was now set to low. I don't understand what is happening.

That is unfortunate. My wifi disconnects at random times of the day. I think maybe because the lease time of IP is 1 day so it disconnects to assign a new IP. I want to stop this by changing the lease time settings to 1 week. It is very painful to see the wifi disconnect during an exam on my laptop.
Another reason can be the fact that I still have my broadband active with a separate router but the same default gateway (192.168.1.1) so it assigns each device similar IP. I will cancel it next month but can this be the reason for disconnections?
Does anyone have any idea why it is happening?

Another reason can be the fact that I still have my broadband active with a separate router but the same default gateway (192.168.1.1) so it assigns each device similar IP. I will cancel it next month but can this be the reason for disconnections?
Does both have the same SSID?

Back