BSNL Fiber Router resets SSID and Password on restarting!

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberswarup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 32,279
ISP
BSNL Bharat Fibre
I have taken a new BSNL ftth 777 plan, and they have provided a "Sharp Vision" modem with default SSID and password for wifi. Everything is working fine including speed. Now I have changed the SSID and password to my liking. Whenever I restart the modem, the SSID and password reset automatically to the earlier one provided by BSNL. This is frustrating as I have to change again after every restart. Any solution please? thanks

Yeah i got this from Flipkart long back.. Same cover different branding..

Dbc technology 😬

ano60ns.jpg
Same by name of eurocoax

Attachments

• IMG_20200512_175952.webp
    IMG_20200512_175952.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 831
Upvote 0
Same problem here msn did u find any solution

Upvote 0
Wow, the same ONT is rebranded in different names, Syrotech, Netlink and now Sharp? 😅😅

And I know why the settings doesn't stick. Did you by any chance enable logging in the web UI? If you enable logging, it will use up the disk space on the device and when you make changes there won't be space to write to disk.

You'd need to telnet/ssh in and delete the log file, disable logging from UI. After that your changes should stick.
Can you make a video or give step by step instruction as I am no tech guy. I have taken bsnl ftth connection & I have been provided with a syrotech dual band Ont modem. I too am experiencing same problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i can login but cant use this sh command
can you please help me in that
oh, what do you mean by you can't use? what do you get when you type it - any error message? try 'busybox' or 'busybox sh' and see if you get dropped into a shell.

have looked at a couple of firmwares for these modems and all had sh (linked to busybox).

Upvote 0
Shows the error.
1-dns-error.jpg

Shows connection is live which is why I can ping ip addresses but not resolve domain names cause of the dns error.
Screenshot-20230528-022835-Chrome.jpg

Shows dns config
Screenshot-20230528-022918-Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Damn it seems the embedding doesn't work on mobile. Will edit when I get to desktop. You can just open image in other window if you see this before I'm able to correct

@sloj - So how do we get in touch with them. I've seen posts on their forum too go unanswered. A few retailers however keep getting these firmwares lol.

Upvote 0
There is only one updated firmware which I shared in the other thread which I got from a user from this post xc220-g3v v2.30 VOIP registration Failure - Home Network Community. I mailed support too and got a reply from them but there was no reply after I responded.

Screenshots seem fine. The first one does show DNS error. Do a reset of the ONT and configure again. You can add DNS in the PPPoE config too, under Advanced. Only thing I can think of right now that may cause issue is Interface binding. Select the LAN and WiFi interfaces when configuring.

Also, you have posted on an unrelated thread.

Upvote 0

Back