BSNL is inserting ads in websites, sending their users to malware sites through malware code injection

Sorry. No time for such analysis at the moment, due to other higher priority tasks.

Got response on the complaint raised regd the redirection issue. The Information Security officer has investigated andresolved the issue. I have requested the BSNL to monitor the issue and keep the complaint open for another week .

If any one of you see the issue again plese respond immediately with details of the state/city which you belong. Will update the BSNL team.

@venkatachar so it's resolved by them? i hope this is true and stays this way.

did this information security officer give any details of what was the issue and how he resolved it?

@vishalrao per BSNL, its resolved. However I am little skeptical, hence requested to keep the complaint open for a week. If anyone of you see the issue please post immediately on the thread.
Could not get much details on the resolution.

Hi, That is the issue. Please ask what is the issue and how it is solved.
May i know atleast , is it a issue with the BSNL servers
I wish to state , when i use f secure router checker, with bsnl dns, i am getting overloaded server messages, but when i select other servers.

Is the vulnerability relates to the bsnl servers or connected servers?
How they have resolved it ?
This is the whole issue of this thread.

@rajujayaraman As mentioned in the thread, its an issue at BSNL.
By knowing the resolution, what do you intend to do? If you have any technical details about the best practices to avoid these kind of issue, please share. I will let BSNL know.

At the end of the day, what we expect from an ISP is consistent speed, uptime and clean browsing.

If you are not satisified yet, raise a complaint about the problem you are facing.

Caring and sharing is the motto of any forum, i think. It is in this context, I asked for the details so that , it may help the viewers of the forum to know what went wrong and what security feature got compromized hitherto in the bsnl network.
I intend that security is the most important thing in a network and i expect the ISP of every network to give that to the users.
Besides, all the above things mentioned , security is the foremost factor i think that Bsnl should concentrate.The OP has rasied the concern in this regard and the subsequent posts confirmed the existence of the securilty issue.
Normally malware and antivirus software do not bother about advertisement issues.
I remember the day when i had the mail bsnl redirects and also the vulnerability of the yandex.ru diverting to bsnl server with the higherups.
As was expected , everyone asked me to check my browser. I took this in to the security concerned staff and got the reply that , to safeguard the redirects, the yandex ru has been diverted to bsnl servers .
i have done tracert to find that the traffic is diverted to bsnl server and hence i raised the issue.
Likewise, i asked you to provide the details to the forum users to know .
EVen big sites have admitted their security issues and the patches they made to the users.
If it is not shared , then well and good. It is your outlook.
I cannot do anything at the BSNL end, and sincerlly i hope that BSNL top officials take care of the users of broadband to get a safe browsing.
Router attacks is the order of the day, and i am surprised at the increasing articles in this regard from google search. I also bookmarked a tag, router security in google and getting daily news on router security.
you might have read about my raising the issue at the avast forum also in this regard in my above reply.
I thank Pothi , to have raised this important issue to get that resolved.

Hi, Venkatachar,
the problem persists.
I just went to imgburn official site to download,
the link
The Official ImgBurn Website
in the site link here, i just scrolled down to the latest version of this free program.
in the first attempt, i was redirected to downloadgot.com to ultimately to a fake flipkart website, the image of which is uploaded here.
probably, the speedtest net in site would have been attempted to get it resolved.
But not all http sites, as in my example
httpredirectbsnl

@rajujayaraman I understand you concern. As stated earlier, I was skeptical about the issue being resolved from BSNL end. Even i want to know the resolution from BSNL, but the team which contacts me are always clueless about the issue/resolution. Hence I do not ask.
Thrice i have been called over last month and told the issue is resolved only to figure out that the issue still exsists.

I will update the BSNL floks again about this. I am suspecting the AD famework which BSNL has, is the culprit. However we cannot do anyting if BSNL decides to serve ads to monotize (like MI phones).

Recently i saw the BSNL app was upgraded to serve ads as feature. You would get rewards if you enable it :(.
This is a bad precedent which they have set.
Worst case, move to a different ISP.