• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 11,495

sjeet

ISP
BSNL
Hi All,
I am a new BSNL user (UL 750). I have a Beetel 220+ BX ADSL router
Since last two days I am struggling to establish a connection, I describe the issue in details below:

[*]The connection was made on Friday last week, all default settings as done by technician from BSNL were used (static ip (not from DHCP), no change in router config etc.). He just plugged all wires, made a dialer for BSNL and we were done! Please note I was using a dialer to make a connection.
[*]On Saturday I had to set up my wireless router (Trendnet TEW-432BRP) and for the same I had to change my router configuration. I changed one (there were two in total, one PPPoE and one bridge) of the existing PPPoE settings to bridge mode (this I read in some post - for wireless PPPoE can not be used). I also had to change ADSL setting to take IP from DHCP and accordingly changed my LAN card setting as well.Then usual router configuration and I was thru. Note as I had set my user name and password in wireless router's configuration so now I was no longer dialing the dialer (in fact I observed the wireless router setup deleted the dialer from my list of connections:ashamed:).
[*]I could work on wireless internet all night. Sunday morning I could not access inter net , I sensed some wireless issue so I plugged the ADSL thing directly to my computer. Created a dialer again (after changing the bridge mode back to PPPoE). . I could still not access internet. The dialer kept giving me 678 error (remote computer not responding).
[*]Now I am all confused and kind of last track of my changes (as u can see I did a lot of random mess w/o prior research).:wall:
[/list]Currently I am with this:

[*]Beetel model has three LEDs stable (Power , LINK , PC/USB). The DATA led does not glow

If you are getting error 678, then there's a problem with bsnl server. It may be down. Ask your friends or relatives if they have bsnl bb connection, whether they can connect to net or not.:)

If you are getting error 678, then there's a problem with bsnl server. It may be down. Ask your friends or relatives if they have bsnl bb connection, whether they can connect to net or not.:)

Hey visnbm! Good point :P, but actually I have checked this already and I had mentioned in my post

--> All other connections in my building working fine - issue with exchange ruled out.:cry:

Is there a possibility that although my LINK is bright and steady and my phone working fine, still some issue with my persona line which is hampering broadband? I say my personal line because my friends in building are using internet quite OK.

-Sjeet

Change TCP/IP settings to Obtain IP address automatically.Use OPENDNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222.give feedback. post ipconfig/all

Change TCP/IP settings to Obtain IP address automatically.
Use OPENDNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222.
give feedback. post ipconfig/all

Gave it a try already (obtaining IP from DHCP). But will try again.
OPENDNS tried as well (but don't you think a DNS issue will not flash an error such as PPP Down, just wondering - i am not sure).

I will post my IPCONFIG output in the evening.

Thanks essbebe.

Not sure what all changes you made in Beetel 220BX. A simple spelling error or wrong fIgures can spell trouble. example 198.162.1.10 !When you select PPP/PPPoE enter UserId without @ bsnl.inJust get connected first. Beetel 220BX is a stable/trouble free modem.

it has something to do with your bsnl username and password.. either you entered it wrong or something like that.. try accessing the bsnl usage from some other computer using the same password and see if you are able to access

it has something to do with your bsnl username and password.. either you entered it wrong or something like that.. try accessing the bsnl usage from some other computer using the same password and see if you are able to access

Hey mate thank you for looking and spending a thought. What you say is possible. But I have double checked the user password, while configuring PPPoE i am giving user name w/o @bsnl.in suffix (as essbebe pointed out as well) and password seem to be true as well.

Just now i checked my bsnl email from work ( I am at my work place right now) using same user / password, it worked - no login error. Hence user-password mis match is not there I suppose.

Hey essbebe,
I will try doing everything fresh tonight. Meanwhile if anything else clicks you please punch in.

Thanks all dudes:)

Even if all the other connections in the building works fine, there maybe some problem on your port, and hence it leads to unnecessary troubles. Every subscriber has an unique port in the DSLAM. Get in touch with the exchange personnel.

IPCONFIG Result:

DSL Setting Pages (in order)

Anything else will be needed guys?

Appreciate the patience people .

PS: Spoke with BSNL dude in the evening he blamed me for wire less trial:whistle:

Back