BSNL News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 18,075
Hi, Tejas
I saw a tv news caption that says, that the Bsnl has rolled 4 g services and the minister talked over 4 g Connection in yesterday . What is this news about?
I did not find anything mentioned in this regard in news papers today.
I think, that Bsnl has already given 4g in selected areas all over India. What is this news, then?

Last edited:
Bsnl has already launched 4g services in selected circles like in Kerala, Karnataka etc. Whether they were forced to discontinue die to govts dikkat is another story.
Frankly, minister talking on bsnl 4g is not news unless the entire telecom gears and equipments used are procured from local vendors, which will take a lot of time. If and when that happens, it will be big news, atleast for the telecom sector.

Hi, Tejas, I read the news item as if the bsnl has started 4g services in pan india level. But I have not got 4g in my place, chennai.
As you are saying it is so many miles to go before pan india gets this service

“BSNL is operationally-stable now, and can launch 4G services within six months…it’s looking to place an initial 4G equipment order of 50,000 sites following the successful outcome of the proof-of-concept (PoC),” P K Purwar, chairman of the state-run telco told ET.
By that time most of operators worldwide shifted to 5G, while South Korean would have started 6G :D

As far as i heard bsnl is allotted just 5mhz of band 1 2100mhz, apart from the 3g reframed spectrum, so total 10 mhz of band1 is the overall bsnl 4g asset.

"soon" means 9 months in govt terms :D
By that time at least some private operator might launch 5G in some city.

Their objective is to keep bsnl one generation behind so that it doesn't compete with others.

Back