Cloudflare Warp+

Yh google shows tunnel ip. means that site uses cloudflare.

But my IP changes even on WARP. So, is it VPN or not? I think they just re write my IP on the packet headers before forwarding out of their tunnel to Cloudfare based services. So, google shows cloudfare IP but many other sites show my actual IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a VPN but is not designed to compete with actual VPN services. You do not get to pick a server in some random country to fake your IP from that country. CloudFlare would route you through the most optimal path through their network to try to deliver you the best performance. Paid users would get priority routing over free users. As already clear, your IP is not hidden from web services. So, you are not really getting the actual benefits of VPN for which it is mostly used for. But you do get some security benefits like all traffic is encrypted and your routing might improve so you could actually get improved browsing experience.

Also, they might not route your torrent and similar traffic over the VPN at all. On mobile, they bypass services like Netflix and YouTube which might also be happening on desktop clients (not sure how one can check). Basically the focus is to provide an optimized and secure browsing experience.

Last edited:
Wasn't it rather easy to use WARP/WARP+ using the wgcf cli to generate the config file, i used WARP+ across my whole home network using raspberry pi as router
Also one WARP+ subscription gives access to use in 5 devices, just copy paste the Key from Settings --> Key

Also i believe WARP is also a VPN, not just DNS
Difference between WARP and WARP+ is that WARP+ uses their private internet backbone called the Argo network, it normally costs $0.1/GB for business which cloudflare is giving us for Rs. 69/month

right i got it wrong. warp is the free version. warp+ is the paid version. the app shows two options 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.1 with warp. if you have data in your account, you get to connect to warp+ network otherwise you get warp.

Also WARP+ is really cool, for example I was downloading few files from a FTP server, without WARP+ i got 20-30 Mbps, with WARP+ i got around 500 Mbps, many more instances it has helped as well, plus this was on Airtel, users from other ISPs can probably benefit quite a lot.

The upper limit for WARP is around 400-450 Mbps and for WARP+ is around 700-750 Mbps (at least it used to be few days ago)

I guess if you use the unofficial app, you might be able to use it for your entire online activity including torrents, ftp and netflix and so on. Not sure what all is being bypassed on the official desktop app.

so there is a faq.

Back