Cloudflare Warp+

11.webp
This is just DNS

22.webp
This is WARP

33.webp
You can even change the protocol here while it's running. And then jump to General tab immediately to see the change.

Ya, the system tray icon stays the same whether on WARP or just DNS and it looks much better now..

the app does not stay in front. they need to make it a floating app. and they really need to have different icons for the two very different services. it is also annoying that i cannot shut down the app from the first context menu. exit button should always appear on the first ui when you press the icon in the system tray. app has shit ux.

Didn't think about it much but I'm okay with it (clicking the gear icon and exiting). Agreed, should have different icons (or just colours) for different services. Well floating app will eat unnecessary screen space (and a little bit of resources I guess) even though it may stay in the background.

floating app would make the app features more accessible. apps that disappear as soon as you click outside are super annoying. onedrive is another good example. it doesn't float so if you want to keep an eye on the uploads, you have no choice but to stop what you are doing and stare at the popup app from the system tray. pia app has a floating mode and it comes very handy. you do not have to keep it in front... it stays in the task bar if you want to have it accessible from there. and you can hide it in the system tray if you don't.

i really love the pia app floating mode!

FxS9BFA.webp

That is a good argument for file uploading apps. But I guess they thought it doesn't need much attention unless a user wants to change between protocols and that's why they went this route. Feedback to them might help change this. Would definitely love to have an option to change between protocols on the front.

yup. since they are offering both encrypted dns and VPN in the same app. they need to come up with a better ui for selecting one of the three modes. current design where you select protocol from the menu to switch between dns and vpn is just stupid and too complex for regular folks. i guess they would reach there in a few months just like they managed to do it with their mobile app.

half the time the app does not change the branding at the top when i switch between dns and VPN. gets confusing.

V9srcFG.png

I haven't faced that yet. But all DNS are at high ping right now for me. So the icon changes slowly right now.

Back