Cloudflare Warp+

i am not running both at the same time of course lol. i checked my network connections... cloudflare is not installing tap windows adapter?

LeKIIa4.png

Nope. Clouflare uses WARP (whatever that is, lol). Like we all know it just fixes your route, doesn't hide you and hence doesn't need to install a virtual device.

i guess wireguard works differently than openvpn... because warp is using wireguard. this might explain why pia does not seem to have an entry above. but their app supports both openvpn and wireguard... very confusing.

Now changing between 1.1.1.1 and WARP is almost instant visually. But there is a weird bug. When using the app or not using, open Preferences window and go to Connection tab. Now change protocol using the Gear icon on the app and move between General and Connection tab on Preferences window. The DNS protocol changes by itself every time you move between tabs. What happens on the background is another thing. This can be tested vice versa on both modes, whether 1.1.1.1 or WARP.

Whether this issue was there or not in previous version idk.

21.jpg
Edit: Forgot to add, if you now click on 1.1.1.1 again even if it is ticked the background will change to 1.1.1.1.

Last edited:
i guess wireguard works differently than openvpn... because warp is using wireguard. this might explain why pia does not seem to have an entry above. but their app supports both openvpn and wireguard... very confusing.
After very little searching since yesterday I have come to the conclusion that TAP adapter is indeed required for VPNs, at least those that use OpenVPN). And you do have it (4th from the top on the right side in your screenshot).

Just a link to read WireGuard vs OpenVPN: In-Depth Analysis and Test Results.

i have a weird issue on warp. i just cannot load my erx running openwrt on 192.168.0.1 when warp is on. other routers load just fine (192.168.0.2, 192.168.0.4 and 192.168.0.10). can't imagine why this could be happening.

just realized that it stops working even on 1.1.1.1 dns mode. forget warp. even cloudflare dns is breaking it for me.

Last edited:

Back